Poll: Which business challenges are most important to you over the next 12 months?
विषय पोस्ट करनेवाला व्यक्ति: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
साइट कर्मी
Oct 4

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Which business challenges are most important to you over the next 12 months?".

View the poll results »



 
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
पुर्तगाल
Local time: 07:50
सदस्य (2007)
अंग्रेजी से पुर्तगाली
+ ...
Winning new clients... Oct 4

... and keep retaining those that have been with me for some time!

Philip Lees
Thayenga
 
Lieven Malaise
Lieven Malaise  Identity Verified
बेलजियम
Local time: 08:50
सदस्य (2020)
फ्रांसीसी से डच
+ ...
Maintaining what I have Oct 4

Unless things suddenly would go very steeply downward in the last 3 months of this year - which is always possible - 2026 will have been a satisfying year professionally. So I would say that maintaining my existing customers is the most important challenge, as it has always been until now.

Philip Lees
Christine Andersen
 
Hipyan Nopri
Hipyan Nopri  Identity Verified
इंडोनीशिया
Local time: 13:50
अंग्रेजी से इंडोनीशियाई
+ ...
Growing Alongside AI Rather Than Competing With It Oct 4

I voted for "Developing new skills." As AI becomes increasingly capable, I believe the outlook for traditional translation services is becoming more challenging, and I think it is wise to prepare for that shift rather than wait for it.

For this reason, I have decided to focus on developing skills in AI automation and implementation. My hope is that by learning how to design, implement, and manage AI-driven workflows, I can build a career that grows alongside AI rather than competes
... See more
I voted for "Developing new skills." As AI becomes increasingly capable, I believe the outlook for traditional translation services is becoming more challenging, and I think it is wise to prepare for that shift rather than wait for it.

For this reason, I have decided to focus on developing skills in AI automation and implementation. My hope is that by learning how to design, implement, and manage AI-driven workflows, I can build a career that grows alongside AI rather than competes with it.

These skills are applicable across virtually every industry, and I believe my background in language and translation will remain a valuable asset, since clear communication, attention to detail, and a strong understanding of client needs are essential to implementing AI solutions effectively in any field.

I would be interested to hear how other colleagues are preparing for the changes ahead.
▲ Collapse


 
neilmac
neilmac
स्पेन
Local time: 08:50
स्पेनी से अंग्रेजी
+ ...
Other Oct 5

When (if) the new VERIFACTU billing scheme comes into force in Spain next year, I might just throw in the towel and retire if it proves to be too complicated or expensive.
Given my previous experiences with "official" websites and similar, it sounds like it will be a nightmare compared to the ease of billing with Excel and PDF invoices.
... See more
When (if) the new VERIFACTU billing scheme comes into force in Spain next year, I might just throw in the towel and retire if it proves to be too complicated or expensive.
Given my previous experiences with "official" websites and similar, it sounds like it will be a nightmare compared to the ease of billing with Excel and PDF invoices.

https://facturaz.es/en/lp/verifactu?gad_source=1&gad_campaignid=24312008288&gclid=CjwKCAjwlY3WBhANEiwApsNrLYmu639PP9eqF9WM-aJUMbqLjsIeVvSeMvMOAhfqlxizKs4k7zivHhoC_DIQAvD_BwE

[Edited at 2026-10-05 07:44 GMT]
▲ Collapse


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

इस मंच के मध्यस्थ
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Which business challenges are most important to you over the next 12 months?






Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »