Poll: How do you handle local holidays when your clients are working?
विषय पोस्ट करनेवाला व्यक्ति: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
साइट कर्मी
Sep 8

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "How do you handle local holidays when your clients are working?".

View the poll results »



 
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
पुर्तगाल
Local time: 17:28
सदस्य (2007)
अंग्रेजी से पुर्तगाली
+ ...
N/A Sep 8

Until now, it has mainly depended on my workload! So, sometimes I do observe local holidays, others I don’t. There are two exceptions: Christmas (famille oblige) and the 1st May (Labour Day in Portugal).

Gregor Trebec
Ines Radionovas-Lagoutte, PhD
 
Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
जर्मनी
Local time: 18:28
सदस्य (2009)
अंग्रेजी से जर्मन
+ ...
It depends Sep 8

If I happen to be on vacation, I won't work at all. Otherwise I would handle only urgent tasks due to personal plans, e. g. a get-together or other festivities.

Christine Andersen
 
Bora Taşdemir
Bora Taşdemir  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:28
सदस्य (2012)
अंग्रेजी से तुर्की
+ ...
I have my own holidays... Sep 8

I never go on a vacation on local holidays, I always choose a separate time to go offline to unwind. It's much better, because I dislike any kind of crowded scenarios.

Christine Andersen
Hideki Yoshida
 
Gregor Trebec
Gregor Trebec
स्लोवेनीया
Local time: 18:28
अंग्रेजी से स्लोवेनी
+ ...
Well... Sep 8

You got to do, what you got to do.

 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

इस मंच के मध्यस्थ
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How do you handle local holidays when your clients are working?






Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Draftsmith
Edit Translations Faster With Affordable AI You Can Trust

Draftsmith is an affordable AI editing tool for busy translators. It works directly in Microsoft Word, supporting the way you work ProZ members receive a 20% discount on a single user subscription of Draftsmith.

More info »