Evgeny Terekhin
Evgeny Terekhin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:54
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
May 15, 2018

Hi, I received a docx. file with subtitles already translated and the corresponding Youtube video URL. I was asked to proofread and then embed the subtitles into the video. I use Subtitle Horse for that. Can I parse the docx. file into the program so I will automatically have the proofread subtitles there? I try to use Open Subtitle File option but it doesn't work. Thanks!

Philippe Noth
Philippe Noth  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 23:54
Member (2015)
German to French
+ ...
Subtitle Edit May 15, 2018

Evgueni Terekhin wrote:

Hi, I received a docx. file with subtitles already translated and the corresponding Youtube video URL. I was asked to proofread and then embed the subtitles into the video. I use Subtitle Horse for that. Can I parse the docx. file into the program so I will automatically have the proofread subtitles there? I try to use Open Subtitle File option but it doesn't work. Thanks!

Hi Evgueni,

While I never had to start with a Word file, I made a quick test with Subtitle Edit and it was able to open and read a dummy DOC file I created (from a SRT). You need to choose "All files (*.*)" in the File selection dialog box. The message about line 1 can be ignored, all lines from the SRT/DOC were read in the program.

proz1

proz2

proz3

proz4

It did not work with a DOCX, though, so you may have to convert from DOCX to DOC using Word first.

Hope it helps.

Philippe, Montreux, Switzerland

Juan Jacob
Juan Jacob  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 15:54
French to Spanish
+ ...
Well... May 16, 2018

...open your .docx file, change it to a .txt document. That's it. You'll have a .srt file.

Sergei Merchenko
Sergei Merchenko
Russian Federation
Local time: 04:54
English to Russian
Txt May 16, 2018

Why not just save it first to txt, and then use Subtitle Edit to import it and save as srt.

Juan Jacob
Juan Jacob  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 15:54
French to Spanish
+ ...
Easy... May 16, 2018

Sergei Merchenko wrote:
Why not just save it first to txt, and then use Subtitle Edit to import it and save as srt.

That's what I said... think simple, that's all.

Waiting for a "Thanks, guys".

Juzer F
Cankat Karakaş

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a way to convert docx. to srt?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »