John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:35
Member (2006)
French to English
Feb 6, 2011

Dear Colleagues,

I will be in Mexico City this month and will offer two different days of training in Polanco (location to be confirmed):

February 14 - Wordfast Classic Level 1
February 15 - Wordfast Pro Level 1

I am extending the early bird pricing throughout the week, until February 11. Pricing information and money-back guarantee is available on my website. Read more feedback from past participants
... See more
Dear Colleagues,

I will be in Mexico City this month and will offer two different days of training in Polanco (location to be confirmed):

February 14 - Wordfast Classic Level 1
February 15 - Wordfast Pro Level 1

I am extending the early bird pricing throughout the week, until February 11. Pricing information and money-back guarantee is available on my website. Read more feedback from past participants here: http://www.wordfast.fr/Site/Testimonials.html

Hope to see you in Mexico City or elsewhere in the world!

John Di Rico
Around the Worldfast
www.wordfast.fr
Collapse

Patricia Verdaguer
Patricia Verdaguer  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 07:35
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
About Mexico Feb 12, 2013

Hi, I am a corporate member of proz.com, I have a small translation agency in Mexico City. The issue in Mexico is that nobody from Trados, Wordfast, etc, meaning CAT tools vendors or providers have done anything to develop the market in Mexico, they have invested nothing probably waiting that the wave of knowledge of these tools from the US or South America will get here and it is slowly getting here. If they have, never heard of it, I often receive calls from translators trying to find out inf... See more
Hi, I am a corporate member of proz.com, I have a small translation agency in Mexico City. The issue in Mexico is that nobody from Trados, Wordfast, etc, meaning CAT tools vendors or providers have done anything to develop the market in Mexico, they have invested nothing probably waiting that the wave of knowledge of these tools from the US or South America will get here and it is slowly getting here. If they have, never heard of it, I often receive calls from translators trying to find out information about CAT tools.

Translators do not make a lot of money here, but now are willing to begin using CAT tools and Wordfast seems a good choice, but training should be at reasonable price, at least that is my humble opinion since I live here in Mexico City. So to begin first of all Wordfast should invest in developing the market here, probably there is no interest, I do not know but this is a very interesting big market.

Another issue is that they should have and if they do, they should advertise it, a local representative that can issue legal Mexican invoices.

I would like to have more information about costs, schedules so that I can talk to the translators I know here.

Yours Truly,
Patricia Verdaguer
Project Manager
www.aselfast.com
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:35
Member (2006)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Just do it! Feb 12, 2013

Dear Patricia,

Thanks for your message. Wordfast does not employ any of the 100 or more trainers around the world. You can find freelance trainers on this page: http://wordfast.net/index.php?whichpage=trainers&lang=engb#MX
It is up to them to promote trainings on their own or up to translators who need training to seek it out.

I have run traini
... See more
Dear Patricia,

Thanks for your message. Wordfast does not employ any of the 100 or more trainers around the world. You can find freelance trainers on this page: http://wordfast.net/index.php?whichpage=trainers&lang=engb#MX
It is up to them to promote trainings on their own or up to translators who need training to seek it out.

I have run trainings in Mexico City on two occasions, once in 2011 and again in 2012. As a freelance translator, this is very difficult to organize because there are a lot of risks involved. I was assisted in the past by a colleague living there who organized the training, billed participants, and paid me a set fee. I have worked successfully with companies and translation associations using this model from Ecuador to Madagascar.

You could try contacting one of the trainers in Mexico and organizing a course yourself. Find out the cost of a seminar room and trainer costs. Add in a profit for your time if you want, divide the total cost by the number of expected attendees (should limit class size to 12), and then bill participants accordingly (this is the reasonable price).

Hope this helps.

Good luck!

John Di Rico
Wordfast Trainer
www.apextra.net
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Trainings in Mexico City FEB 14 and 15

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »