Good online directories/search engines for finding German-speaking direct clients?
ناشر الموضوع: Ron Stelter
Ron Stelter
Ron Stelter  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:24
عضو (2003)
ألماني إلى أنجليزي
Jul 5, 2007

Hopefully, this is the right forum to post this in...While most of my clients are translation agencies, I have sometimes sought out direct clients. (I work from German into English and translate mainly legal contracts/business terms and conditions.) Does anyone know of any good online resources which provide the e-mail addresses of potential direct clients in Germany and/or Austria and/or Switzerland? For example, Wer Liefert Was? is pretty good. Are there any other good ones? I am particularly ... See more
Hopefully, this is the right forum to post this in...While most of my clients are translation agencies, I have sometimes sought out direct clients. (I work from German into English and translate mainly legal contracts/business terms and conditions.) Does anyone know of any good online resources which provide the e-mail addresses of potential direct clients in Germany and/or Austria and/or Switzerland? For example, Wer Liefert Was? is pretty good. Are there any other good ones? I am particularly interested in any ones that are targeted. There are ones like the Gelbe Seiten which bring up an enormous number of hits, but often only a telephone number is provided which brings in an unacceptable amount of time and money expenditures to call everybody. It seems that it's ultimately somewhat less targeted in that you can, for example, find thousands and thousands of lawyers who are "one-man shows", but not necessarily leads which might be promising if the amount of work they have is limited in general or they have no international concentration.

Thanks.
Collapse

nordiste
nordiste  Identity Verified
فرنسا
Local time: 15:24
أنجليزي إلى فرنسي
+ ...
Kompass Jul 5, 2007

Have you try Kompass in German

http://www.kompass.com/kinl/index.php?_Lang=de

I know only the French site - very usefull

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Good online directories/search engines for finding German-speaking direct clients?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »