Mentioning company names in cv
Thread poster: Maurice Koopman
Phil Hand
Phil Hand  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 19:38
Chinese to English
Breach of NDA Feb 10, 2015

I would regard the mentioning of a name as a breach of NDA. I just signed one today, and the wording is: "...maintain confidentiality in respect of all information contained in such documents..." Company names are in the documents, therefore they may not be mentioned.

As Dan and Rachel indicated, you can describe projects without disclosing specifics or names. Like Rachel, though, I've always wondered what the point is. Describing projects is indeed a bit more convincing (and a bit
... See more
I would regard the mentioning of a name as a breach of NDA. I just signed one today, and the wording is: "...maintain confidentiality in respect of all information contained in such documents..." Company names are in the documents, therefore they may not be mentioned.

As Dan and Rachel indicated, you can describe projects without disclosing specifics or names. Like Rachel, though, I've always wondered what the point is. Describing projects is indeed a bit more convincing (and a bit more granular) than listing skills, but ultimately no more (or less) credible. But in part I think this has to do with the fact that I've been doing this for a while now. A few years ago I was keen to list projects just to show that I'd done something, but eight years in, if you ask me to list projects I wouldn't know where to start.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mentioning company names in cv

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »