Thread poster: Michael Delaney
Michael Delaney
Michael Delaney  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 23:17
German to English
Jun 1, 2022

Dear Friends,
I translate from German to English and have been happily using WFC (with the odd problem now and then) for many years.

Recently I've been having the issue that alt+ page down shortcut to expand a segment is no longer working. When I try to use it this appears at the end of the segment I wanted to expand:

David Daduč
David Daduč
Czech Republic
English to Czech
Try Alt+Enter Jun 1, 2022

Michael, recent MS Word versions have a new spellcheck-related feature that uses Alt+Down. Thus, when the cursor is in a place with a MS Word spellcheck warning, Alt+Down triggers this new Word feature rather than the expected Wordfast action. This is why Alt+Down now has a “synonym” in Wordfast Classic: you can also use Alt+Enter to make Wordfast Classic move to the next segment. I hope this will help you.

Michael Delaney
Michael Delaney  Identity Verified
Austria
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
That's what I needed Jun 2, 2022

Many thanks David, much appreciated!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Alt+down no longer working in WFC 8.66

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »