Thread poster: Dragomir Kovacevic
Dragomir Kovacevic
Dragomir Kovacevic  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:22
Italian to Serbian
+ ...
Mar 18, 2022

I do need to post my request through wordfast.ned (my profile), which does never pass through. For many months I am convinced of being cheated. Yes. CHEATED. Ok, this is what I cannot send to Wf people. I have to say that for the very same reason (unsatisfaction) I stopped using WfPro. I use OmegaT, which is an intellingently created CAT. The hell with WF!

My post to Wf people was:
"Hello, for all the time since I renewed licenses for WfPro and WfC, I keep encountering the pro
... See more
I do need to post my request through wordfast.ned (my profile), which does never pass through. For many months I am convinced of being cheated. Yes. CHEATED. Ok, this is what I cannot send to Wf people. I have to say that for the very same reason (unsatisfaction) I stopped using WfPro. I use OmegaT, which is an intellingently created CAT. The hell with WF!

My post to Wf people was:
"Hello, for all the time since I renewed licenses for WfPro and WfC, I keep encountering the problem with WfC: it behaves as though not been licenced. In WfC I see: "mymail partially visible__ @ __.xx, my email address, Licence is overdrawn." Also, many times I do not obtain a correct count; for a correct count I always have to convert the document layout into "draft". I did try to send this claim to you in last autumn, but it was impossible. I am quite unsatisfied because of this impossible communication with you. Seriously speaking. If in this occasion I eventually do not succeed with this maling, the very text of this message, will appear on Proz.com, be sure of it. Regards, Dragomir Kovacevic."
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Investigation Mar 18, 2022

Dear Dragomir,
I am sorry to read about your frustration and licensing issues.
I noticed that you have only submitted one ticket to our hotline (in February 2021) asking how to activate Wordfast Pro 3. We replied a few hours later with instructions and you rated the ticket 5/5 (fully satisfied).
I was unable to find any other tickets sent by you. If you are having trouble signing into your account at wordfast.net, you can also sign in at wordfast.com/myaccount.
When a use
... See more
Dear Dragomir,
I noticed that you have only submitted one ticket to our hotline (in February 2021) asking how to activate Wordfast Pro 3. We replied a few hours later with instructions and you rated the ticket 5/5 (fully satisfied).
I was unable to find any other tickets sent by you. If you are having trouble signing into your account at wordfast.net, you can also sign in at wordfast.com/myaccount.
When a user has activated too many licenses, they need to contact the hotline and explain why they have activated so many licenses. This is a precaution to prevent abuse and the illegal resale of licenses. Most of the time, it happens when a user has had to change computers or has both the legacy and current versions of Wordfast Pro installed on two computers. However, we did catch an independent Wordfast trainer in Italy reselling licenses to his trainees which is not only unethical but also illegal.
If you decide to use Wordfast in the future, I encourage you to contact the hotline with a simple message explaining why you need to generate more licenses.
Kind regards,
John
Collapse

Dragomir Kovacevic
Italy
Italian to Serbian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
tickets (e-mails better said) in August 2021 as well Mar 18, 2022

You could, or the IT colleagues would have read directly about my frustration, it it had been possible to me to contact them through the pane (hotline?) on wordfast.net site, in the autumn 2021. My purchase-renewal was in February 2021.

I did communicate with them in August 2021, when having had to adjust all into my new Windows laptop. The result after August 2021, was that I only succeeded to install licence into WfPro6.
WfPro3 I'd have liked to use, remained hanging withou
... See more
You could, or the IT colleagues would have read directly about my frustration, it it had been possible to me to contact them through the pane (hotline?) on wordfast.net site, in the autumn 2021. My purchase-renewal was in February 2021.

I did communicate with them in August 2021, when having had to adjust all into my new Windows laptop. The result after August 2021, was that I only succeeded to install licence into WfPro6.
WfPro3 I'd have liked to use, remained hanging without licence and is still in demo mode.
WfClassic endured with its licence through August 2021 and its licencing situation abruptly changed into "licence overdrawn" ?! while I was staying abroad for 50 days during IX-X/2021. I could not have comprehend the reason for it, my only "guilt" might have been my staying in Serbia with another IPs? If I stayed in Montenegro, the country of WF liking, I feel the need to be malicious because I am steaming with anger, maybe IP numbers would have been acceptable?

In my parallel and very old Macbook I held WfC and WfPRo3 for many years, using WfC for 3-4 times only in Word (was a bit awkward, a known fact to me, but accepted as it is), and WfPro3 for about 10 times or less, since I had always used a Windows laptop for principal work. My installs on Macbook were deleted in autumn 2021. I do however understand that the actual, present licencing does incluse installs on 2 PC, am I right?

So, I'd need to communicate with your lab in order to obtain a valid licence for WfC and for WfPro3 (this latter on I understand is apart from WfPro6-7). If I cannot communicate on-site. I consider myself a power-user, sorry, without boasting, ..... but?!

Thank you John.

John Di Rico wrote:

Dear Dragomir,
When a user has activated too many licenses, they need to contact the hotline and explain why they have activated so many licenses. This is a precaution to prevent abuse and the illegal resale of licenses. Most of the time, it happens when a user has had to change computers or has both the legacy and current versions of Wordfast Pro installed on two computers. However, we did catch an independent Wordfast trainer in Italy reselling licenses to his trainees which is not only unethical but also illegal.
If you decide to use Wordfast in the future, I encourage you to contact the hotline with a simple message explaining why you need to generate more licenses.
Kind regards,
John

[Edited at 2022-03-18 16:51 GMT]
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Investigation complete Mar 23, 2022

Dear Dragomir,
Sorry for not writing back sooner. I checked with our hotline team and they found some emails, but those dated back to 2018.
We have reset your license credits so Wordfast Classic will be licensed and you can activate licenses for Wordfast Pro 3 or Wordfast Pro 7.
If you are still having issues, I strongly urge you to submit a ticket via your user account (log in at wordfast.net or wordfast.com) so we can track all exchanges and ensure that our users are satisfie
... See more
Dear Dragomir,
Sorry for not writing back sooner. I checked with our hotline team and they found some emails, but those dated back to 2018.
We have reset your license credits so Wordfast Classic will be licensed and you can activate licenses for Wordfast Pro 3 or Wordfast Pro 7.
If you are still having issues, I strongly urge you to submit a ticket via your user account (log in at wordfast.net or wordfast.com) so we can track all exchanges and ensure that our users are satisfied with the support they received.

Kind regards,
John
Collapse

Dragomir Kovacevic
Italy
Italian to Serbian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, John! Mar 25, 2022

All 3 CATs work well now, thank you vm, John!
John Di Rico wrote:

John

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WfC 8.40 on Windows 10-11, Word 2010 - licence never got activated

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »