Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:17
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Feb 4, 2022

For weeks on end now WFP 6 has been refusing to cleanup to final file preventing me from using WFP. I ignore why as I do everything as I did before when everything worked OK.
However, sometime it does cleanup a file, say, 1 project out of 5.
What's wrong?

Wolfgang Schoene
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I may have found the solution Feb 4, 2022

Wolfgang wrote:

For weeks on end now WFP 6 has been refusing to cleanup to final file preventing me from using WFP. I ignore why as I do everything as I did before when everything worked OK.
However, sometime it does cleanup a file, say, 1 project out of 5.
What's wrong?

The project files reside on an external SSD so maybe the path was too long. When I moved all WFP6 folders to my Mac desktop, the cleanup worked ok.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Path Feb 4, 2022

Wolfgang wrote:
The project files reside on an external SSD so maybe the path was too long.

When the path is too long, it sometimes helps to add not the individual files to the dialog, but the folder that they reside in.

P.L.F. Persio

Wolfgang Schoene
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Path Feb 4, 2022

Samuel Murray wrote:

Wolfgang wrote:
The project files reside on an external SSD so maybe the path was too long.

When the path is too long, it sometimes helps to add not the individual files to the dialog, but the folder that they reside in.

Thanks Samuel.
Actually, I never had problems of the sort on a Mac, but will look into your suggestion as soon as I'm done with the project.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 6, most recent update

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »