Martin Purdy
Local time: 18:43
Dutch to English
+ ...
Jan 29, 2022

WFC 8.66
Win 10
Word 2019

A year or so ago I did a 'great leap forward' from WF 5.xx to the latest version, and since then I've noticed, among many 'grizzles' with the new version, the fact it regularly misses 100% matches. The fact I then find them with a full-sentence concordance search shows they're there and that there are no hidden characters preventing the match from being found, for example.

The file I'm currently working on should be almost entir
... See more
WFC 8.66
Win 10
Word 2019

A year or so ago I did a 'great leap forward' from WF 5.xx to the latest version, and since then I've noticed, among many 'grizzles' with the new version, the fact it regularly misses 100% matches. The fact I then find them with a full-sentence concordance search shows they're there and that there are no hidden characters preventing the match from being found, for example.

The file I'm currently working on should be almost entirely 100% matches, but I'm getting old partial matches and have to search and past each segment individually, which is a massive time-waste. Suggestions for remedying this would be most welcome. I've already reorganised the TM and BTM, restarted Word, etc.

Could the size of the TM be an issue? The one I use for this combination has grown over 20 years go contain over 500,000 TUs, despite regular pruning of duplicate entries. I don't really want to jettison any of this archive if I can possibly avoid it.

Martin
NZ
Collapse

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:43
English to French
+ ...
Use current version 8.84 Jan 30, 2022

I reported the same exact problem to YC earlier this month, although I was already using a later-than-8.66 beta version.

Try upgrading to the current version (8.84), that issue ought to be resolved.

One needs to check the Wordfast.net web site regularly, since there are frequent updates.

J L

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 09:43
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Just curious Jan 31, 2022

I would like to know in what environment you use WFC nowadays. I stopped using the tool when it did not function under Word 365. Does it function nowadays?

Martin Purdy
Martin Purdy
Local time: 18:43
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Current WF environments Jan 31, 2022

Not sure I follow what you mean by 'environments' here, but I spelled out my system parameters at the top of my post. I've never used W365 but jumped from a much older version of Word to W2019 a year or so ago, and likewise upgraded WF (only because I had to) from 5.xx to 8.xx in a single step. So maybe I missed out on some problems/teething troubles with some of the versions of both in between?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Classic 8.66 missing 100% matches regularly

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »