Wordfast and MacOS Monterey
Thread poster: Shawn Burke
Shawn Burke
Shawn Burke
Local time: 22:35
Japanese to English
Dec 12, 2021

Has anybody using Wordfast Pro upgrade to MacOS Monterey? If so, have you had any issues?

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:35
Member (2006)
French to English
No issues Dec 12, 2021

Been working fine for me for the past several weeks!

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Wordfast and MacOS Monterey Dec 12, 2021

Shawn Burke wrote:

Has anybody using Wordfast Pro upgrade to MacOS Monterey? If so, have you had any issues?

I currently have the problem of not being able to clean finished files.
The button is there but no action for cleaning is taken.
Dunno why.

Shawn Burke
Shawn Burke
Local time: 22:35
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
clean Dec 13, 2021

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

Shawn Burke wrote:

Dunno why.

I'm not even aware of that function. Is it under a different name in the menu?

Wolfgang Schoene
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Wordfast and Monterey Dec 13, 2021

Shawn Burke wrote:

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

Shawn Burke wrote:

Dunno why.

I'm not even aware of that function. Is it under a different name in the menu?

Well, once you're done with your project, you exit the project, right click on the file you want to clean (export) and you're presented with the option to Clean your file.
My problem is that some files can be cleaned and some not. Will investigate this further.

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Cleanup Dec 14, 2021

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:
Well, once you're done with your project, you exit the project, right click on the file you want to clean (export) and you're presented with the option to Clean your file.
My problem is that some files can be cleaned and some not. Will investigate this further.

Does the Cleanup icon on the ribbon under Project Files not work?
When you use this feature, it will create target files for all bilingual files by default. To specify which target files you want to create, you need to choose Specific Language Pairs or Single Language Pair, then the language, then the file(s).

If you have a problem with certain files, it is likely because you changed their name or location at some point during the project. To fix this, close the project in Wordfast, then open the project.wf4 and project.wf4.sfc files in the project folder. Search for the file name and path and make sure they are the same as whatever the file is now called and wherever it might be located. Modify and save if necessary.

Wolfgang Schoene
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Cleanup Dec 14, 2021

John Di Rico wrote:

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

Does the Cleanup icon on the ribbon under Project Files not work?
When you use this feature, it will create target files for all bilingual files by default. To specify which target files you want to create, you need to choose Specific Language Pairs or Single Language Pair, then the language, then the file(s).

If you have a problem with certain files, it is likely because you changed their name or location at some point during the project. To fix this, close the project in Wordfast, then open the project.wf4 and project.wf4.sfc files in the project folder. Search for the file name and path and make sure they are the same as whatever the file is now called and wherever it might be located. Modify and save if necessary.

Hi John,
in the meantime I realized that cleanup does not work with older projects whereas with projects I create from scratch apparently there's no problem. So this could be due to the fact that I shifted all my WFP folders from my desktop to an external SSD, although the file names and paths seem to be ok. Anyway, I know now that WFP works with newly created projects.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast and MacOS Monterey

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »