Caroline Giguère
Caroline Giguère  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 21:09
English to French
+ ...
Oct 29, 2021

Hello,

I'm working on a project where I need to submit my project TM. I have created a project TM, and I am also using the more general TM I've created for this client a while ago. When I look at the project TM, only some of the segments appear. I have committed all segments, but to no avail. I also removed my general TM, and committed again, but the same happens. I've tried creating a second version of the same project and added the project TM, and only a portion of the file gets t
... See more
Hello,

I'm working on a project where I need to submit my project TM. I have created a project TM, and I am also using the more general TM I've created for this client a while ago. When I look at the project TM, only some of the segments appear. I have committed all segments, but to no avail. I also removed my general TM, and committed again, but the same happens. I've tried creating a second version of the same project and added the project TM, and only a portion of the file gets translated.

How do I transfer everything into the project TM?

Thank you kindly for any advice,

Caroline
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:09
Member (2006)
French to English
Version Oct 29, 2021

Hi Caroline,
What version are you using?
What settings do you have checked under Current Project Preferences > Translation Memory? (share a screenshot)
Kind regards,
John

Philippe Locquet

Caroline Giguère
Canada
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Screenshots Oct 29, 2021

Thank you for your response, John.

My version is 5.19.

I don't see an option to add screenshots. I've tried dragging, but it won't work it seems.

Here's what I have though:

Segment State – everything checked
Translation Memory – nothing checked
When Updating an Existing TU – only first one checked (add to TM by overwriting existing TU)

I don't think Report Settings is relevant.

Thanks again,
... See more
Thank you for your response, John.

My version is 5.19.

I don't see an option to add screenshots. I've tried dragging, but it won't work it seems.

Here's what I have though:

Segment State – everything checked
Translation Memory – nothing checked
When Updating an Existing TU – only first one checked (add to TM by overwriting existing TU)

I don't think Report Settings is relevant.

Thanks again,

Caroline

[Edited at 2021-10-29 18:38 GMT]
Collapse

Caroline Giguère
Canada
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Resolved! Oct 29, 2021

I just went and checked "Write exact matches to TM", and that seemed to do it. I really should familiarize myself with all of the preferences and such....

Thanks again for your help, John!

Caroline

Philippe Locquet

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:09
Member (2006)
French to English
Great! Oct 29, 2021

Great, that is what I suspected

Philippe Locquet

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Segments not committing to project TM

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »