Lamine Boukabour
Lamine Boukabour  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 04:59
Member (2022)
English to Arabic
Oct 19, 2021

Hello,

I simply tried to add a file to WFP 5 as usual, but a PDF file this time. Unfortunately, it couldn't be added, and I've got the following report:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: E:\Translation\CAT_Tools\WF\WF_Pro_5\My Projects\Proj_WF_EN_AR_2021_09_01\source\Trial.pdf.doc (The system cannot find the file specified) E:\Translation\CAT_Tools\WF\WF_Pro_5\My Projects\Proj_WF_EN_AR_2021_09_01\source\Trial.pdf

I tried to fix the issue by following these
... See more
Hello,

I simply tried to add a file to WFP 5 as usual, but a PDF file this time. Unfortunately, it couldn't be added, and I've got the following report:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: E:\Translation\CAT_Tools\WF\WF_Pro_5\My Projects\Proj_WF_EN_AR_2021_09_01\source\Trial.pdf.doc (The system cannot find the file specified) E:\Translation\CAT_Tools\WF\WF_Pro_5\My Projects\Proj_WF_EN_AR_2021_09_01\source\Trial.pdf

I tried to fix the issue by following these methods:

1. Rename the file
2. Make the link to the file short
3. Put the file in a folder then add the folder instead of the file

All of the methods didn't work. Can any of you help me out?
Collapse

Dragomir Kovacevic
Dragomir Kovacevic  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 05:59
Italian to Serbian
+ ...
a complete disk check/repair Oct 19, 2021

These problems occur also with other applications. Try correcting your HD, or SSD, by means of a complete disk repair.

Lamine Boukabour wrote:

Hello,

I tried to fix the issue by following these methods:

1. Rename the file
2. Make the link to the file short
3. Put the file in a folder then add the folder instead of the file

All of the methods didn't work. Can any of you help me out?

[Edited at 2021-10-19 14:19 GMT]

Lamine Boukabour
Lamine Boukabour  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 04:59
Member (2022)
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
Would you show me the way? Oct 22, 2021

Dragomir Kovacevic, thanks for your response, would you show me how to do so?

Dragomir Kovacevic
Dragomir Kovacevic  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 05:59
Italian to Serbian
+ ...
first in Windows, then external disk(s) Oct 22, 2021

In File Explorer i.e. in Explorer, select your HD under Windows, right-click: properties - tools - check for errors - analyze the unit.
After completing this, select again the same path, buth choose defragmentation of the same disk.

Repeat all of this for external disks, if your work material is positioned there.

It is understood that all programmes on your PC are closed during these operations.

Lamine Boukabour wrote:

Dragomir Kovacevic, thanks for your response, would you show me how to do so?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

File can't be added

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »