Wordfast Anywhere now has a free built-in TMS!
Thread poster: Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 14:32
English to French
+ ...
Jul 28, 2021

28/07/2021
If you’re not familiar with WFA, it’s a robust free online CAT-tool with lots of options. It has always had features to share TMs, glossaries and files.
Now the developers have released the Beta version of the TMS (please remember it’s Beta, so small details are fixed every day).
I am currently working on a video presenting how it works (not in details to keep it short), it should come out next week on my YouTub
... See more
28/07/2021
If you’re not familiar with WFA, it’s a robust free online CAT-tool with lots of options. It has always had features to share TMs, glossaries and files.
Now the developers have released the Beta version of the TMS (please remember it’s Beta, so small details are fixed every day).
I am currently working on a video presenting how it works (not in details to keep it short), it should come out next week on my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM6g6sS2sgiiQmK1-kf_z9Q
If you want to try it, just create a project, I’ll quickly explain in next post.

WHAT IT CAN DO:
_multilingual, multi-files projects
_Calculate costs automatically
_Have a custom workflow, i.e., Translate/Edit/QA
_Jump files automatically to the next step in the workflow
_Time tracking
_Resource sharing: TMs and glossaries shared in real time with all linguists assigned to the same project and with same language pair.
_Have a list of linguists with rates and language pairs
_Automatically notify linguists of tasks and deadlines via e-mail. Then they can access work and start working directly in WFA.
_Import Export of GLP Packages
_Pre-translation options: TM, copy source, MT, Custom MT
_advanced attributes handling for TMs
_advanced filtering options for TM, as well as import/export
Etc.
Collapse

Santino Mattia

Philippe Locquet
Portugal
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How to give it a spin: Jul 28, 2021

1st go to your account at https://freetm.com/ (create one if you don’t have one yet)
Then, create a new project
Click on Project setup icon
setup-project
Click on advanced
advanced
Now you can add workflow tasks clicking on “+”
add-workflow-task
The default workflow only has the translation step.
Then you can add/remove language pairs and edit cost rate for the project and speed (in words/day), to that effect do a select all and delete in the box.
pair-rate
Once your changes saved, then you can add files by clicking on the “+” on the right
add-files
You can also decide to allocate TMs and Glossaries with this button
TM
Then for each language pair, when you select a pair, a “+” will appear in the task column allowing you to add linguists to you project.
linguists
To manage and assign linguists, they’ll need to have a WFA account. You can also manage them from the Project tab “Setup Linguists”.
These are the quick basics.

Philippe Locquet
Portugal
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Learn more Jul 28, 2021

Reading the information in the WFA tab:
help
And off-course reading all “?” and “I” sections and hovering over buttons.
If you have issues, please join the dedicated support group:
https://groups.io/g/wordfast-anywhere
My video should be out next week if everything goes right

[Edited at 2021-07-28 13:54 GMT]

Philippe Locquet
Portugal
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Basics video out! Aug 2, 2021

Hello,

I just released a short video describing the basics of how Wordfast Anywhere 6 handles projects now https://youtu.be/rDhVYY02Cds
This one is in English, I'll try to release it in Spanish and French too.

Then the following video will dive in more details into project management for PMs.

Enjoy

Philippe Locquet
Portugal
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Free TMS video full tutorial Aug 6, 2021

It’s ready! This video explains from A to Z how to use the free TMS in Wordfast Anywhere 6 (Beta). It’s a bit long but following it you’ll be able to handle workflows “finger in the nose”. If you have questions, you can ask them here, or even better, under the video in the comments section so that I can answer them, and other people can find this useful information.
Enjoy, it’s f
... See more
It’s ready! This video explains from A to Z how to use the free TMS in Wordfast Anywhere 6 (Beta). It’s a bit long but following it you’ll be able to handle workflows “finger in the nose”. If you have questions, you can ask them here, or even better, under the video in the comments section so that I can answer them, and other people can find this useful information.
Enjoy, it’s free 😉!
https://youtu.be/NXDmijlzcSg

I’m planning a full training (paid) around the wintertime (December maybe) for those who want the full training.

[Edited at 2021-08-06 09:37 GMT]
Collapse

Santino Mattia

Esther Pugh
Esther Pugh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:32
Member (2014)
English to German
+ ...
Word slow? Aug 7, 2021

The new WFA requires you now to create projects and to upload files. Previously, you were able to copy and paste text passages into a simple, straightforward textbox. And download the translation from there in the same format. Is that feature no longer there? Because I really liked it. That was my main go to feature. I’m either missing something, or I have to ask myself why change some thing that worked perfectly? I don’t want Wordfast to turn into “wordslow”.

Philippe Locquet
Portugal
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still there! Aug 7, 2021

Esther Pugh wrote:

Previously, you were able to copy and paste text passages into a simple, straightforward textbox. And download the translation from there in the same format. Is that feature no longer there?

Yes, it's there. Even starting with a new WFA account you get a default project. From there, clicking the green "+" will open the window where you can copy-paste text, or upload a document from your computer or DropBox etc. same as before.

As with other CAT-tools using projects, people that don't want to bother with projects do it this way: Have a project with TMs and glossaries that suits them and then they add and remove files forever in the same project.

All this stuff is explained in my first video here in this thread. It's still Wordfast allright

Philippe Locquet
Portugal
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Purchase Orders Sep 7, 2021

Hello to all,

The TMS in Wordfast Anywhere now has the option to automatically send Purchase Orders to the linguists involved in each step.

If you are in the Project Manager, in the Wordfast Anywhere tab, click on "User Profile"

Then, Click on PM
This will open the PO editor. You can create your artwork header and you will be able to see
... See more
Hello to all,

The TMS in Wordfast Anywhere now has the option to automatically send Purchase Orders to the linguists involved in each step.

If you are in the Project Manager, in the Wordfast Anywhere tab, click on "User Profile"

Then, Click on PM
This will open the PO editor. You can create your artwork header and you will be able to see the fields which WFA will fill automatically each time you set a project to "In Progress" (e-mails with PO will be sent automatically to linguists involved in the project). Pretty cool I may say!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Anywhere now has a free built-in TMS!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »