Wordfast Pro won't write new terms to glossary
Thread poster: Laura Kiernan
Laura Kiernan
Laura Kiernan  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:40
Spanish to English
Jun 12, 2021

Hi, I am working on a huge translation today and all of a sudden WF Pro has stopped writing any terms to my glossary. I can open the box to input the source and target term but when I click "OK" it just closes and nothing happens. I also noticed that the wordfast.net website appears to be down. Does anyone know what's going on? This is a huge inconvenience today as I've got a tight deadline and there is a lot of repeating terminology in the text.

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Contact the hotline Jun 12, 2021

If you cannot access the Wordfast.Net website, change your DNS server (google for instructions) or access the website by using its IP address, i.e. https://207.223.244.239/ (but you will likely need to confirm a security exception for the website in your browser when you do so). Alternatively, access the hotline using your phone or a computer using another internet connection provider (thus likely to use anothe... See more
If you cannot access the Wordfast.Net website, change your DNS server (google for instructions) or access the website by using its IP address, i.e. https://207.223.244.239/ (but you will likely need to confirm a security exception for the website in your browser when you do so). Alternatively, access the hotline using your phone or a computer using another internet connection provider (thus likely to use another DNS server).

[Edited at 2021-06-12 16:56 GMT]
Collapse

Laura Kiernan
Laura Kiernan  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jun 14, 2021

Thanks for the advice, John. The glossary function appears to be working again - I have no idea what happened!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro won't write new terms to glossary

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »