Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Нидерланды
Local time: 04:55
Член ProZ.com c 2006
английский => африкаанс
+ ...
Dec 27, 2014

Hello everyone

I have a document in WFP with many repetitions, so WFP auto-translates segments for me when I press Alt+down. But I would like WFP to go directly to the next untranslated segment, i.e. to skip over a segment if that segment already as text in it. Is there a shortcut or method to accomplish that?

Thanks
Samuel

Comunican

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
США
Local time: 22:55
английский => французский
+ ...
Interesting question... Dec 27, 2014

I'm waiting for its answer, too.

Comunican

Andy Watkinson
Andy Watkinson  Identity Verified
Испания
Член ProZ.com
каталанский (каталонский) => английский
+ ...
Alternative Dec 28, 2014

Samuel Murray wrote:

Hello everyone

I have a document in WFP with many repetitions, so WFP auto-translates segments for me when I press Alt+down. But I would like WFP to go directly to the next untranslated segment, i.e. to skip over a segment if that segment already as text in it. Is there a shortcut or method to accomplish that?

Thanks
Samuel

I'm pretty clueless about such things, but couldn't you just use the autotranslate feature? It's not the same but almost.

Dan Ilioiu
Dan Ilioiu  Identity Verified
Румыния
Local time: 05:55
английский => румынский
+ ...
. Dec 28, 2014

Here's what I do:
In the outline window, I click on the segment that has no color. If needed, it is much easier to scroll the outline window than the main editor.

I don't know of any shortcut.

Cheers!

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Германия
Член ProZ.com c 2009
английский => немецкий
+ ...
Interesting Dec 29, 2014

Perhaps the WFP support might know a short-cut to get you directly to the next empty segment.

I usually use the "down" arrow, also to save the segment, but if there's a faster way, I'd like to learn it.

Dan Ilioiu
Dan Ilioiu  Identity Verified
Румыния
Local time: 05:55
английский => румынский
+ ...
. Jan 12, 2015

Also in the Outline window, there is a dropdown list that allows you to select what segments are displayed.

http://www.wordfast.com/WFP2/Translating_in_a_project/Using_Outline_window.htm

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFP: how to go to next empty segment

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »