WFP 3.4.0 - xlf cleanup error
Iniziatore argomento: stonefree
May 6, 2014

I upgraded from WFP 3.1.0 to 3.4.0 and, as a result, I am not able to clean up xlf files anymore.
I tried to create a new project, retranslate a new file (new txml with same name) in a new folder, and still get a CLEANUP ERROR message "Couldn't locate original file for C:\Users\....".
The functionality "Commit all segments to TM" seems to work but "Save Translated File" results in a 0KB/empty xlf file.
Any idea? (Customer support seems to be on holiday...)
Thanks!

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egitto
Local time: 00:25
Da Inglese a Arabo
Pre-translate a new copy of the files May 11, 2014

Hello!

Working on multiple application versions during one project is not recommended.

Could you please have a new copy of the source XLF file, open it in WFP, and pre-translate it using the toolbar button "Translate All". Then, try to "Save Translated File".

I hope this work.

Otherwise, please send me the source file(s) and translated TXML in private.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

stonefree
stonefree
AVVIO ARGOMENTO
persisting issue Aug 29, 2014

The problem is still there, even if I try "Save Translated File".

WFP works fine when installed for the first time on a new laptop.
However, I still have cleanup issues with two other laptops, after upgrading from 3.1 to 3.4.1.

The cleanup error msg “Couldn’t locate original file” seems to be triggered when I try to cleanup a .xlf file that was translated with a customized .properties file (i.e. WFP 3.1).

On the contrary, when I translate and c
... See more
The problem is still there, even if I try "Save Translated File".

WFP works fine when installed for the first time on a new laptop.
However, I still have cleanup issues with two other laptops, after upgrading from 3.1 to 3.4.1.

The cleanup error msg “Couldn’t locate original file” seems to be triggered when I try to cleanup a .xlf file that was translated with a customized .properties file (i.e. WFP 3.1).

On the contrary, when I translate and cleanup a new .xlf file with the Deafult XLIFF filter (rather than a customized .properties file), the cleanup is successfull. The problem here is that the WFP 3.4.1 Deafult XLIFF filter uses a different segmentation logic that makes the available TM useless (15/20k strings), as too many 100% are not recognized. I must be able to keep working on these updated files with old segmentation and existing TM.

I tried to uninstall WFP (also removed folder wf_workspace) but, for some reason, I still have the same cleanup issues. I'm not sure how to uninstall WFP completely (so that I will have to relicense the application).

Any idea?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFP 3.4.0 - xlf cleanup error

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »