TRADOS practice .tmw file wanted
Thread poster: Julie Jaeger
Julie Jaeger
Julie Jaeger  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:35
Japanese to English
Feb 7, 2007

I am FINALLY demo'ing TRADOS (Freelance 7) but don't have a .tmw file for Japanese->English translation practice. I would like to see if it is feasible for me by getting my hands on such a file for patent translation. Is there anyone who is kind enough to "loan" there file to me, or have the URL for a public domain TM server with one???

Thank you,
JFo

Truc Tran Van
Truc Tran Van
Vietnam
Local time: 15:35
English to Vietnamese
Create a NEW one? Feb 7, 2007

I don't understand what do you need a TM from someone else for. Why don't you just create a new TM yourself?

[Edited at 2007-02-07 10:58]

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
Local time: 10:35
German
+ ...
Demo database Feb 7, 2007

Also, there are several demo TMWs included with your Trados installation (in C:\Program Files\SDL International\T2006\Samples\TW4Win).

HTH,
Benjamin

(note that the actual path may vary depending on version)

[Edited at 2007-02-07 11:48]

David Turner
David Turner  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:35
French to English
+ ...
Demo version is limited Feb 7, 2007

Don't forget that the demo version is limited to 100 TM units (or it used to be the case) so a larger TM from someone else won't be much use to you.
Why don't you create a new memory and start from scratch on a small project?
That being said, if you really must use a Trados-like CAT tool in Word (other much better solutions exist), I would go for Wordfast.

BR,
David Turner

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS practice .tmw file wanted

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »