Thread poster: PPaulus
PPaulus
PPaulus  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:06
German to English
+ ...
Jul 26, 2006

Using the clean-up function with Trados 6.5 I came across an error message for the second time now...

After clean-Up is fully completed the following error message appears: "-214717851 Ausnahmefehler des Servers" and my file is gone (deleted)!!

In the log-file it says "File skipped" underneath the error message...

If I try again and clean-up a safety copy, exactly the same happens.

What can I do or what is my mistake??

Thanks for
... See more
Using the clean-up function with Trados 6.5 I came across an error message for the second time now...

After clean-Up is fully completed the following error message appears: "-214717851 Ausnahmefehler des Servers" and my file is gone (deleted)!!

In the log-file it says "File skipped" underneath the error message...

If I try again and clean-up a safety copy, exactly the same happens.

Thanks for your help;-)

Petra

[Bearbeitet am 2006-07-26 14:39]

[Bearbeitet am 2006-07-26 17:39]
Collapse

Olaf (X)
Olaf (X)
English to German
Did you try to update your Trados version? Jul 27, 2006

I don't think that you did anything wrong. It's just that Trados doesn't like your file(s). This error also happened with older Trados versions and the only way to fix it was to download the latest build for your version.
You should try to find out if you have the latest build and if not download and install the latest build.
You could also ask someone who has Trados 7.x to clean your file to find out if the problem is caused by the document or your Trados version. If your file is a Word doc and you just want to create the target document, you could use the tw4winClean.Main macro to remove the source segments.

Olaf

PPaulus
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
tw4winClean.Main macro Jul 28, 2006

Thanks for your answer, I'll get an update to 7.0 within the next couple of weeks and I'll see whether this error will still occur in my updated version then...

In your answer you mentioned a tw4winClean.Main macro to clean the file manually.

In fact I do have to clean a large file manually now - so how can I use this macro??

I'd be very grateful if you'd explain to me where I find it and what I have to do to activate it...

Thanks again... See more
Thanks for your answer, I'll get an update to 7.0 within the next couple of weeks and I'll see whether this error will still occur in my updated version then...

In your answer you mentioned a tw4winClean.Main macro to clean the file manually.

In fact I do have to clean a large file manually now - so how can I use this macro??

I'd be very grateful if you'd explain to me where I find it and what I have to do to activate it...

Thanks again

Petra
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Create a backup copy, and just run the macro Jul 28, 2006

Hi Petra,

Just run the macro in Word (Alt+F8 to go to the macro function, then run it from there). A couple of points to note (you may also want to use the forum search function, as this has been discussed several times before):

- Your TM will not be updated with any manual changes you have made (spellchecking, etc.), so it's a good idea to create a copy of the unclean file first.

- Run the macro in Normal view.

HTH, Ralf

PPaulus
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Macro to manually clean a file Jul 28, 2006

Thanks a lot Ralf, you saved me a whole lot of time
Have a nice week-end,
Petra

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Server error during clean-up in Trados 6.5

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »