Milada Šejnohová
Milada Šejnohová
Czech Republic
Local time: 06:10
English to Czech
+ ...
May 1, 2006

Dear Colleagues,

I am working with SDL Edit for the first time and would like to ask you a following question:
I would like to highlight words with the same colour that are located in different positions as in the source segment (ex.: in the source segments they are highlighted at the end of the phrase, in the target segment they need to be highlighted at the end and in the middle of the phrase). To your information, there are 4 different colours to be applied to the phrase.... See more
Dear Colleagues,

I am working with SDL Edit for the first time and would like to ask you a following question:
I would like to highlight words with the same colour that are located in different positions as in the source segment (ex.: in the source segments they are highlighted at the end of the phrase, in the target segment they need to be highlighted at the end and in the middle of the phrase). To your information, there are 4 different colours to be applied to the phrase.

The procedure I follow currently according to the SDLX manual is as follows:
1. the cursor is at the top of the page (source segment)
2. clicking the Brush icon (to get to the paint mode)
3. clicking the Next Format Paint icon so many times until I reach the segment colour/segment (until the cursor highlights the words) I need to paint in the target segment
4. I transfer the cursor to the target segment and click in front of the target word and drag it across the whole part that needs to be painted

Result: it does not paint in the same colour as in the source segment. Could you please tell me how to proceed, what am I doing wrong?

Thank you very much in advance for your precious help.
I am looking forward to your suggestions.
Best regards,

Milada
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Moving the topic... May 1, 2006

...to SDL Trados Support - please use this forum to post topics related to SDL and/or Trados.

Claudia Digel
Claudia Digel  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Is the format painting applied at all? May 1, 2006

Hi Milada,

I'm not sure if I understand your problem. - Is the format painting applied to the target segment but in the wrong colour or is it not applied at all?

If the colour is wrong, you might be painting the format over another already existing format, which will end in the wrong colour being displayed.

If the format painting is not applied at all, try to press Enter when you have completed the steps you mentioned. - Alternatively, you can go to Tools >
... See more
Hi Milada,

I'm not sure if I understand your problem. - Is the format painting applied to the target segment but in the wrong colour or is it not applied at all?

If the colour is wrong, you might be painting the format over another already existing format, which will end in the wrong colour being displayed.

If the format painting is not applied at all, try to press Enter when you have completed the steps you mentioned. - Alternatively, you can go to Tools > Options > Format Paint and uncheck Press to confirm format paste.

HTH

Claudia
Collapse

Milada Šejnohová
Milada Šejnohová
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Claudia May 1, 2006

Thank you Claudia for your reply and your help. That´s kind of you.
Best wishes,

Milada

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Edit : Format Painting at different positions in the phrase

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »