Carmen Álvarez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:48
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 21, 2006

Hello friends,

I have just installed Trados 6.5.5.438 build 439. I am translating with TagEditor but the Spellcheck is not working.

In Tools... > Plug-ins I can only see the Word spelling checker, and not the Wintertree. This is something I can not understand. I did not find anything in the forums either.

A second problem is that this Word spelling check does not work anyway. It does not detect even intended errors.

I would appreciate very muc
... See more
Hello friends,

I have just installed Trados 6.5.5.438 build 439. I am translating with TagEditor but the Spellcheck is not working.

In Tools... > Plug-ins I can only see the Word spelling checker, and not the Wintertree. This is something I can not understand. I did not find anything in the forums either.

A second problem is that this Word spelling check does not work anyway. It does not detect even intended errors.

I would appreciate very much any help.

Carmen
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Which Word version? Mar 21, 2006

Hi Carmen,
You did not indicate your Word version - this is essential in this context. Can you please specify this (as indicated in the note on the screen used to post new topics)?

I no longer have TE 6.5, so I cannot check, but IIRC there was an option to activate/deactivate the Wintertree spellchecker.

Assuming that you have Word 9 (2000) or higher (see above...):

- Make sure Word is running before you start working in TE.
- Set the standard language in Word to your target language.

Best regards,
Ralf

Carmen Álvarez
Carmen Álvarez  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
My version of Word Mar 21, 2006

I am sorry that I forgot it. My version of Word is 2002.

Well, I can not find how to activate the Wintertree, the manual is confusing. I copy two sentences on how to activate the spell checker:

3. To activate the Spelling Checker plug-in, for example, select the Spelling Checker check box.

4. Select one of the spelling checker plug-ins.

But if I do not see the Wintertree plug-in at all, I can not activate it...

About
... See more
I am sorry that I forgot it. My version of Word is 2002.

Well, I can not find how to activate the Wintertree, the manual is confusing. I copy two sentences on how to activate the spell checker:

3. To activate the Spelling Checker plug-in, for example, select the Spelling Checker check box.

4. Select one of the spelling checker plug-ins.

But if I do not see the Wintertree plug-in at all, I can not activate it...

About the Word spell checker, now it works, after opening it together with the ttx file.

Thanks a lot,

Carmen
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spellcheck does not work in TagEditor

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »