Laure Delpech
Laure Delpech  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:22
Member (2004)
English to French
Mar 21, 2006

Hi,

I am trying to clean some .rc files translated with TagEditor but, after the cleaning process, the files are still in the source language (English) instead of the target language (French).

After some research in Tageditor help files, I have found the following: "The RC Verifier.
The RC Verifier supports RC files translated in TagEditor. Successful verification with the RC Verifier validates the target RC file."

Does someone know where to find this
... See more
Hi,

I am trying to clean some .rc files translated with TagEditor but, after the cleaning process, the files are still in the source language (English) instead of the target language (French).

After some research in Tageditor help files, I have found the following: "The RC Verifier.
The RC Verifier supports RC files translated in TagEditor. Successful verification with the RC Verifier validates the target RC file."

Does someone know where to find this?

Thank you,
Laure
Trados 7.0 (build 615)
Collapse

Laure Delpech
France
Member (2004)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
New problem Mar 21, 2006

The rc Verifier is in the verifiers list. Ticked it. Cleaned the files and now this message: "Not able to create target file".

Does someone know how to clean .rc files?

[Edited at 2006-03-21 10:12]

Laure Delpech
France
Member (2004)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
And here is the answer... Mar 21, 2006

After being translated in Tageditor, .rc files need to be “Saved as target” from the File menu in Tageditor.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot clean .rc files

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »