Retrieving Trados files recently worked on?
Thread poster: Ann VDP
Ann VDP
Ann VDP
Local time: 15:39
French to Dutch
+ ...
Mar 21, 2006

Dear all,

Yesterday was one of those days... Murphy striked hard! My external hard disk decided that he was unfit for this hard labour which I had forced onto him merely two years ago. Since I work on a reasonably old, but updated PC with limited disk space, I decided to use this external disk for the storage of all my essential files leaving the software files on the PC itself. I will try to recuperate my lost data through one of those data recuperation services (expensive I hear..
... See more
Dear all,

Yesterday was one of those days... Murphy striked hard! My external hard disk decided that he was unfit for this hard labour which I had forced onto him merely two years ago. Since I work on a reasonably old, but updated PC with limited disk space, I decided to use this external disk for the storage of all my essential files leaving the software files on the PC itself. I will try to recuperate my lost data through one of those data recuperation services (expensive I hear...), but in the mean time I would VERY MUCH like to recuperate the work of the last six days, since I have to deliver two large projects soon... I did backup the exported txt files of Trados and most of all the other really vital files, but my last backup is six days old.

I was once told that files you work on with Trados are stored in a separate well hidden temporary file, but I don't seem to retrieve this file... Also, one of the files I worked on was rather large and kept crashing, so I am hoping that there would at least be a trace of this Word huge file somewhere...

Can anyone help or give any suggestions at all?

By the way: I work on Windows XP, Office 2003 professional and Trados 7.

Thank you enormously!!!

Ann

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-03-21 07:49]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Retrieving Trados files recently worked on?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »