Thread poster: Pavel Lyakhovsky
Pavel Lyakhovsky
Pavel Lyakhovsky  Identity Verified
Georgia
Local time: 03:30
English to Russian
Mar 17, 2006

Dear colleagues,

I have purchased SDL Trados 2006, which includes Multiterm 7. Created a new termbase and added 1 term into it. Then I open a TM, go to 'Term recognition options', select the termbase, select languages. 'Run term recognition option in background' is checked. When I open a segment containing term from the termbase, Workbench closes with 'Program performed an illegal operation...' system Windows message. SDL support recommended to register Trados and Multiterm but thi
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I have purchased SDL Trados 2006, which includes Multiterm 7. Created a new termbase and added 1 term into it. Then I open a TM, go to 'Term recognition options', select the termbase, select languages. 'Run term recognition option in background' is checked. When I open a segment containing term from the termbase, Workbench closes with 'Program performed an illegal operation...' system Windows message. SDL support recommended to register Trados and Multiterm but this is not the case since they have been registered (and I re-registered them again but it did not resolve the issue).

When I uncheck 'Run term recognition in background' option, the Workbench does not crash but I can't open a segment. When I click 'Open/Get' icon I get -{}- in front of my source segment and that's it.

When terminology recognition is off, Workbench works fine.

Did anybody else experience this? What the solution can be.

I use Win XP Professional (Russian).

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,
Pavel Lyakhovsky
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2006: Workbench closes when term recognition is on

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »