Kristina Wolf  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 23:36
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Mar 16, 2006

Hi,

I work with Trados 6.5 and when translating from English into German I always have the problem that numbers followed by "in" get substituted by "cm". when using placeables. Is there are solution to this problem?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:36
English to German
+ ...
Deactivate localisation of measurements Mar 16, 2006

Hallo Kristina,
Workbench interprets "in" as "inches" - deactivate the localisation of measurements (Options - TM Options - Substitution Localisation - Measurements).

HTH, Ralf

Kristina Wolf
Kristina Wolf  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 23:36
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Creates another problem Mar 17, 2006

That's a good suggestion, but then all percentage points (0.8%) remain as they are and I need the German metric system with commas. Is there a workaround or will I just have to put up with the inches?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:36
English to German
+ ...
Known issue Mar 17, 2006

Hi again,

That's a good suggestion, but then all percentage points (0.8%) remain as they are and I need the German metric system with commas. Is there a workaround or will I just have to put up with the inches?

I have noticed the same behaviour, and have reported it to SDL Trados Support.

LG Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with substitution of numbers

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »