Footnotes make the toolbar disappear
Thread poster: nbourgogne
nbourgogne
nbourgogne
English to French
Mar 15, 2006

Hi all,

I'm using Trados 6.5 with word 2003 over win XP SP2.
Of course, I have problems with footnotes (who doesn't? ). Sometimes - randomly, there doesn't seem to be a particular pattern - when I enter a footnote, the word windows will 'jump' and reappear but without any toolbar at all (not even the normal menu bar). Word doesn't let me close word with the normal colapse icon or right-clicking on the icon in the
... See more
Hi all,

I'm using Trados 6.5 with word 2003 over win XP SP2.
Of course, I have problems with footnotes (who doesn't? ). Sometimes - randomly, there doesn't seem to be a particular pattern - when I enter a footnote, the word windows will 'jump' and reappear but without any toolbar at all (not even the normal menu bar). Word doesn't let me close word with the normal colapse icon or right-clicking on the icon in the taskbar and clicking 'close'. The only I can close it is through the task manager.
when I reopen word the menus and all are back, but still, it is a waste of time and seriously annoying.
It happens to other folks in my company as well.

By the way, does anyone know how to make it so that the 'set/close next open/get' button skips over footnotes?

thank you
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Footnotes make the toolbar disappear

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »