Luca Ruella
Luca Ruella  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 15, 2006

Hello All,

I've just downloaded the SDL Trados. I have started the New to SDL Trados tutorial, however I find myself immediately stuck.

The tutorial says to make sure that I'm using Multiterm 7, however when I start the translator's Workbench and select the menu item Term recognition options, the only option available is "Multiterm 5 (Trados 5)".

Please note this is a brand new SDL Trados installation and I've never owned Trados before.

Thanks
... See more
Hello All,

I've just downloaded the SDL Trados. I have started the New to SDL Trados tutorial, however I find myself immediately stuck.

The tutorial says to make sure that I'm using Multiterm 7, however when I start the translator's Workbench and select the menu item Term recognition options, the only option available is "Multiterm 5 (Trados 5)".

Please note this is a brand new SDL Trados installation and I've never owned Trados before.

Thanks for your support.
Collapse

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 07:21
English to Turkish
+ ...
two versions Mar 15, 2006

Multiterm shipped with SDL Trados 2006 is version 7.1.0.361 (Build 361) and when you open Translator's Workbench there should be two options: Multiterm 5 and Multiterm 7

Luca Ruella
United States
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Only 1 option Mar 15, 2006

Well... there is only 1

Selcuk Akyuz
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
what about the menu? Mar 15, 2006

There should be a drop-down menu, when you click on the arrow you should be able to see both options.

[Edited at 2006-03-15 12:46]

Luca Ruella
United States
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Drop down Mar 15, 2006

I have checked the drop down menu in the first place, but as I wrote in my question, the only option available from the drop down menu is Multiterm 5.

Selcuk Akyuz
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
Re: Mar 15, 2006

Well, when you open Translator's Workbench, the recent TM is opened. You may close that file and then look in the term recognition options. If this is not the case, then you should wait for answers from experienced users

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:21
English to German
+ ...
Have you installed MultiTerm 7? Mar 15, 2006

Hi Luca,
You need to install MultiTerm Desktop before you can activate it in Workbench. Have you downloaded and installed it?

Best regards,
Ralf

Hildegard Klein-Bodenheimer (X)
Hildegard Klein-Bodenheimer (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
How do I do that? Mar 17, 2006

Hi

I am having the same problem - only MultiTerm5 appears on the dropdown menu. I have not yet installed Multiterm 7 - could you explain how I go about doing that? I am not at all familiar with TRADOS and the website seems a bit confusing to me...

Thanks a lot!

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Download MT7 from the same location where you downloaded Workbench Mar 17, 2006

Hi again,

I am having the same problem - only MultiTerm5 appears on the dropdown menu. I have not yet installed Multiterm 7 -

...which answers my question in the new topic you posted...

could you explain how I go about doing that? I am not at all familiar with TRADOS and the website seems a bit confusing to me...

The installation procedure is identical to Workbench (in fact, there's nothing Trados-specific involved...):
- Download the installer file (go to the Product List in your Customer Center);
- extract the download file into a separate folder;
- run Setup.exe.

Best regards,
Ralf

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Which is the last version of Multiterm? Mar 17, 2006

I´m trying to get this information from SDL Trados, but somehow did not succed until today.
AFAIK the latest edition was Multiterm7.1 build 361.

Can you confirm that?

Best
Jerzy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm version in SDLX Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »