Upgrade from Trados 6.5.5 - URGENT HELP!
Thread poster: sandhya
sandhya
sandhya  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:52
German to English
+ ...
Mar 10, 2006

Hi,

I would like to upgrade from Trados 6.5.5. to Trados 7.1 (or whichever is the latest version).
However, when I visit their website, I can't seem to find Trados 7.1. Everywhere it shows SDL+Trados 2006.
Does this mean, I must buy this combo package, regardless of whether I use SLD or not?

Can't I buy only Trados 7.1 as a single product?

If some expert can clear my doubts, I would be grateful!

Thanks
cheers
sandhya

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:22
English to German
+ ...
Freelance or Team? Mar 10, 2006

Hi Sandhya,
Can you please specify whether you're looking for the Freelance or Team version?

I would like to upgrade from Trados 6.5.5. to Trados 7.1 (or whichever is the latest version).
However, when I visit their website, I can't seem to find Trados 7.1. Everywhere it shows SDL+Trados 2006.

Trados 7.5 is the latest version - this is part of the SDL Trados 2006 package (which comprises Trados 7.5, SDLX 2006, and MultiTerm 7.1).

HTH, Ralf

sandhya
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
freelance Mar 10, 2006

Hi Ralf,

sorry, I forgot to mention that.
It is freelance edition 6.5.5.

But, I guess you are right, I need to buy the combo pack, eh?

thanks
sandhya

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi Sandhya,
Can you please specify whether you're looking for the Freelance or Team version?

Susanne Bittner
Susanne Bittner  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
SDL - Trados Mar 10, 2006

SDL Trados is just the new name for Trados after the takeover of Trados by SDL. The two software packages (now called SDL Trados and SDLX) have not (yet) been combined. There is an omission on the website, by the way, they forgot to give an upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1, but this won't concern you. Yours, Susanne

sandhya
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 10, 2006

Thank you Susanne, Ralf,

I have my answer!

cheers
Sandhya

Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
German to French
Where is MultiTerm? Mar 10, 2006

Ralf Lemster wrote:

This is part of the SDL Trados 2006 package (which comprises Trados 7.5, SDLX 2006, and MultiTerm 7.1).

HTH, Ralf

Hi Ralf,

Small OT: I did perform the installation yesterday and cannot find MultiTerm. I installed SLD Trados and SDLX 2006 separately, as prompted in the installation panel, but am unable to find anything referring to Multiterm, which I unsinstalled before installing the new package.

Am I blind and/or so stupid?
Sylvain

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Did you download it? Mar 10, 2006

Salut Sylvain,

Small OT: I did perform the installation yesterday and cannot find MultiTerm. I installed SLD Trados and SDLX 2006 separately, as prompted in the installation panel, but am unable to find anything referring to Multiterm, which I unsinstalled before installing the new package.

The MultiTerm installer is a separate file - did you download it? (Check the Product List in your Customer Center.)

HTH, Ralf

Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
German to French
Jaein :) Mar 10, 2006

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Salut Sylvain,

The MultiTerm installer is a separate file - did you download it? (Check the Product List in your Customer Center.)

HTH, Ralf

Hi Ralf,

The only MultiTerm in the list is SDL MultiTerm 7 Desktop (7.1.0.361) of Dec 2005. I thought there would be a newer version with the new package.
Am I wrong?

Sylvain

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Build 361 is the latest Mar 10, 2006

Hi Sylvain,

The only MultiTerm in the list is SDL MultiTerm 7 Desktop (7.1.0.361) of Dec 2005.

That's the latest version.

I thought there would be a newer version with the new package.
Am I wrong?

Don't know, TBH - but as TranslationZone mentions MT 7.1, it would appear that no new MT version is included.

Best regards,
Ralf

Ralf Lemster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Confirmation from SDL Trados Mar 13, 2006

Hi all,
Having double-checked with my account exec at SDL Trados, here's what the packages include:

SDL Trados 2006 Freelance
Trados Workbench 7.5 Freelance
SDLX 2006 Standard
MultiTerm 7.1 Desktop

SDL Trados 2006 Professional
Trados Workbench 7.5 Professional (=Team Pro)
SDLX 2006 Professional
MultiTerm 7.1 Desktop

HTH, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Upgrade from Trados 6.5.5 - URGENT HELP!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »