Thread poster: Paul Lambert
Paul Lambert
Paul Lambert  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:39
French to English
+ ...
Jan 11, 2006

Every time I try to open a specific TM, I get the error message "Database corrupt! Run Export, create a new TM and import". The only problem is that, as I can't open the TM, I can't export it. Any suggestions? Thanks!

HLeifeld
HLeifeld  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:39
English to German
Database corrupt Jan 11, 2006

Hi,
you might try the following:
1. Create a new subdirectory
2. In that subdirectory, create a new (empty) TM that has exactly the same name as the corrupt one.
3. Copy the TM system files (.iix, .mtf, .mdf, .mwv) to the directoy of the corrupt TM, overwriting the existing ones.
Now you should be able to open the old TM, but this does not always work.

Regards
Hermann

I forgot to mention that I used this procedure with Trados 6.5 once
... See more
Hi,
you might try the following:
1. Create a new subdirectory
2. In that subdirectory, create a new (empty) TM that has exactly the same name as the corrupt one.
3. Copy the TM system files (.iix, .mtf, .mdf, .mwv) to the directoy of the corrupt TM, overwriting the existing ones.
Now you should be able to open the old TM, but this does not always work.

Regards
Hermann

I forgot to mention that I used this procedure with Trados 6.5 once, and it worked.

[Edited at 2006-01-11 14:12]

[Edited at 2006-01-11 14:14]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS 7 error - database corrupt

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »