I couldn't find a solution to "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
Thread poster: Alain Alameddine
Alain Alameddine
Alain Alameddine  Identity Verified
Lebanon
Local time: 22:37
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
Jan 24

I face this issue on an updated registered version of Trados 2019 as well as an updated trial version of Trados 2021. If I try to use an existing termbase, adding a term to it leads to the same. I tried to google it but solutions there didn't do the trick.

Error log:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

System.NullR
... See more
I face this issue on an updated registered version of Trados 2019 as well as an updated trial version of Trados 2021. If I try to use an existing termbase, adding a term to it leads to the same. I tried to google it but solutions there didn't do the trick.

Error log:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

System.NullReferenceException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

Sdl.MultiTerm.Core.Common

c__DisplayClass30_0.b__0() at Sdl.Desktop.Logger.Log.Resources(Object message, Action action) at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.CommandBars.ActionService.ExecuteAction(IAction action, ActionOrigin origin, Boolean allowToggle) at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.WinForms.IgCommandBarAction.Execute() at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.WinForms.IgCommandBarAction._lazyButtonTool_ToolClick(Object sender, ToolClickEventArgs e) at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolBase.OnToolClick(ToolClickEventArgs e) at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.OnToolClick(ToolClickEventArgs e) at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.FireEvent(ToolbarEventIds id, EventArgs e) at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolBase.OnToolClick() at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolMenuItem.OnClick() at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.PopupMenuItemUIElement.DoClickProcessing(MouseEventArgs e) at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.PopupMenuItemUIElement.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) at Infragistics.Win.TextUIElementBase.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUpHelper(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e) at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUp(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e) at Infragistics.Win.Utilities.ProcessEvent(Control control, ProcessEvent eventToProcess, EventArgs e) at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.PopupControlBase.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) ]]>

SDL Trados Studio
Microsoft Windows 11 Home
NULL
ENVY\alain
ENVY
True
16539192 MB
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I couldn't find a solution to "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »