Thu Nguyen
Thu Nguyen  Identity Verified
Vietnam
Local time: 20:00
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Apr 23, 2013

Hi there, I'm going to do the subtitling for a clip but I do not know what software to be used, as this is the first time I'm doing this. Please let me know the most popular tool used to make sub. Thank you!

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 10:00
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
It's not that simple Apr 23, 2013

FYI a short description of the entire process may be found on this page.

Unless you really know how it works and what you are doing, "popular" software won't cut it. Users of some programs whose price tags carry a 4-digit sum in USD say it's easy to get high quality from them without knowing much, but I'm not so su
... See more
FYI a short description of the entire process may be found on this page.

Unless you really know how it works and what you are doing, "popular" software won't cut it. Users of some programs whose price tags carry a 4-digit sum in USD say it's easy to get high quality from them without knowing much, but I'm not so sure about that.

Information on most digital video soft & hard products may be found on (searchable) http://www.videohelp.com .
Collapse

Nancy Greenleese
Nancy Greenleese  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 15:00
Italian to English
+ ...
excellent web resource Sep 18, 2013

A quick thank you to Jose' for providing the link to his subtitling site. A great resource for those who translate subtitles whether novices or veterans.

[Edited at 2013-09-18 12:05 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What software/tool used to make subtitles

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »