Thread poster: Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:49
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Apr 2, 2011

I'm trying to search for a word in a ttx file that I've opened in Notepad++ (v5.8.6).
When I get the search results, I can't see the resulted (highlighted in yellow) if it comes near the end of the line. I scroll to the end of the very long line and the sentence disappears with "..."
I know the word is there.
Can anyone tell me how I can scroll the end of the line and stop Notepad++ just breaking it off with the ellipses?
Thank you.

guest1234 (X)
guest1234 (X)  Identity Verified
Mauritius
Local time: 02:49
French to English
+ ...
word wrap Apr 2, 2011

try format > uncheck/check word wrap ?

[Edited at 2011-04-02 11:43 GMT]

István Hirsch
István Hirsch  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
Have you tried... Apr 2, 2011

(in Notepad++) to go to View and select Break long lines (or sth like that, seventh option in the drop down list).

Lennart Luhtaru
Lennart Luhtaru  Identity Verified
United States
English to Estonian
+ ...
Keyboard Apr 3, 2011

has keys Home and End, press End:)

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
No joy yet... Apr 3, 2011

@ Avinash and Istvan:
I think you're both referring to the same thing: "word wrap" and "break long lines", and I've tried checking and unchecking this with no luck. Nothing seems to change.
@ Lennart:
If I press "end" on the keyboard I get to same place that I can scroll horizontally to, which is "..." (it breaks off in the middle of a word and the ellipses follow).

So thank you for your ideas, but I'm afraid I still can't see the end of the line.

For
... See more
@ Avinash and Istvan:
I think you're both referring to the same thing: "word wrap" and "break long lines", and I've tried checking and unchecking this with no luck. Nothing seems to change.
@ Lennart:
If I press "end" on the keyboard I get to same place that I can scroll horizontally to, which is "..." (it breaks off in the middle of a word and the ellipses follow).

So thank you for your ideas, but I'm afraid I still can't see the end of the line.

For the time being I solved the problem by opening the file with Windows Notepad.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to see the end of a line in Notepad++

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »