Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 01:23
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Jun 16, 2006

It seems that it's an msn worm, I suppose my daughter clicked on the link that comes after it. I have found some articles about it in the web but not the antivirus that kills it.

I have Sophos and AVG, they scan my computer and find nothing, and there it is again, writing this sentence and the link wherever I'm writing, Word, Skype, Deja Vu...The pages scroll down alone, Outlook Express messages are opened alone...I'm afraid
... See more
It seems that it's an msn worm, I suppose my daughter clicked on the link that comes after it. I have found some articles about it in the web but not the antivirus that kills it.

I have Sophos and AVG, they scan my computer and find nothing, and there it is again, writing this sentence and the link wherever I'm writing, Word, Skype, Deja Vu...The pages scroll down alone, Outlook Express messages are opened alone...I'm afraid of sending any file, now, what can I do?

Thanks

Claudia
Collapse

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:23
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Getting rid of backdoor Trojans Jun 16, 2006

Hi Claudia,

You need to go to www.spywarewarrior.com for help. Then click on "Spyware Warrior Forums". The second main heading down says "Spyware & Hijack Problems". Under this heading click on "HijackThis Logs".

Then click "What you need to know before posting" and you will reach the page where it gives you a link to download the latest version of the HijackThis program, tells yo
... See more
Hi Claudia,

You need to go to www.spywarewarrior.com for help. Then click on "Spyware Warrior Forums". The second main heading down says "Spyware & Hijack Problems". Under this heading click on "HijackThis Logs".

Then click "What you need to know before posting" and you will reach the page where it gives you a link to download the latest version of the HijackThis program, tells you how to use it, etc. There is also a link on this page to click for some initial advice first.

You may have to briefly register to use the site, which is free of charge.

Astrid
Collapse

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
+ ...
Astrid's right! Jun 16, 2006

Not like I have anything new to add, but Claudia, take Astrid's advice. Get HijackThis and have someone on the site take a look at it. Tons of very helpful people are awaiting to fix your virus problems, and they generally really know what they are talking about. They know their subject so well, they should become translators specialized in viruses

Good luck!

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 02:23
English to Spanish
+ ...
It`s spyware Jun 16, 2006

Hi Claudia,
AVG will not do. It`s not a virus you are refering to, but spyware. You may use Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Personsal Edition, free at http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/ and recommended by Microsoft.

Good luck.

Walter

Jeff Whittaker
Jeff Whittaker  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
System Restore Jun 16, 2006

If you have Windows XP, the easiest thing to do is a system restore back to a date (two-three days??) before your computer was infected.

You will not lose any files as a result and your system should be fine.

Claudia Iglesias wrote:

I have Sophos and AVG, they scan my computer and find nothing, and there it is again, writing this sentence and the link wherever I'm writing, Word, Skype, Deja Vu...The pages scroll down alone, Outlook Express messages are opened alone...I'm afraid of sending any file, now, what can I do?

Thanks

Claudia

[Edited at 2006-06-16 16:06]

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you all, it seems gone Jun 17, 2006

I knock on wood, but it seems gone. Ad-Aware had to scan everything more than once until it found nothing. I had to ask for help and that was the solution the person who helped me preferred.

Thank you very much

Claudia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to get rid of "check out these pics of us!" worm

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »