Thread poster: Mahmoud Rayyan
Mahmoud Rayyan
Mahmoud Rayyan  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 11:21
English to Arabic
Nov 28, 2008

Peace be upon you all,

when I opened my yahoo inbox folder I found a lot of auto response messages from people in my contact list came to me as a response to a message I sent to them,
and when I opened my sent folder to see when and how I send this mail to the people in my contact list,
I discovered that a kind of spam is sending mails from my account to selective members of my contact list, the message header is "Good day!!!"
and the topic is:

Hey ... See more
Peace be upon you all,

when I opened my yahoo inbox folder I found a lot of auto response messages from people in my contact list came to me as a response to a message I sent to them,
and when I opened my sent folder to see when and how I send this mail to the people in my contact list,
I discovered that a kind of spam is sending mails from my account to selective members of my contact list, the message header is "Good day!!!"
and the topic is:

Hey
How is going now !
I got a good webiste ,that guys sell electronics,the price is cheap and quality is nice .
Go and check it : www.(Stupid spam).com,

I am getting mad, how that happened and how can I prevent this thing from occuring again,
Right now I am running the free version of SUPER Antispyware,
I need your advice, I am not an expert in the anti virus software, I am using only NOD 32 2.5 as my antivirus software, and I feel it is good for protection, Please help me, and inform me if there are main protection software the freelance translator should use it on his PC.
TIA
Rayyan

[Objet modifié par l'équipe ou un modérateur 2008-11-28 20:48 GMT]
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
You can't do much about it Nov 29, 2008

As long a they use another computer than your own for sending these messages.
This week I started to receive spam messages from myself. It will go on for a while and then stop.
Regards
Heinrich

Mahmoud Rayyan
Egypt
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
Another computer than mine!!!! Nov 29, 2008

Thanks Heinrich for your reply, but I cannot get that, what do you mean by using another computer than mine for sending, I didn't consider this option at all, for I saw the sent items folder and found those spam mails which means that it was sent from my PC, (That's what I thought)
how come someone sends mails from my mail box using another PC?
does it mean that he knows my password, or what, Please illustrate?
Thanks

Caryl Swift
Caryl Swift  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:21
Polish to English
+ ...
Contact Yahoo Nov 29, 2008

Hi, Mahmoud,

It's probably a good idea to report the incident to Yahoo! - if you haven't already, that is. Also, have you had a look at the Yahoo! Mail section of Yahoo! Answers, in case other people have posted about the same problem?

Best wishes,
Caryl

Mahmoud Rayyan
Egypt
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
Good Idea Caryl Nov 29, 2008

Thanks Caryl for the idea, actually I didn't contact Yahoo about this but I will now and I will search also for an answer in yahoo answers

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spam message sent from my yahoo mail

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »