ناشر الموضوع: Jackie Bowman
Jackie Bowman
Jackie Bowman

Local time: 12:07
إسباني إلى أنجليزي
+ ...
Jan 6, 2006

Folks,

This might be a stupid question. If it is, let me apologize in advance. I’d still appreciate your thoughts.

I use MS Outlook 2002 for email. If I have the ‘Preview Pane’ permanently ‘on’, is that the same as actually opening an email message? In other words, am I making myself vulnerable to malicious script by using the Preview Pane, or do I have to actually ‘open’ a message to activate an infection.

Thanks. JB.

Fuad Yahya
Fuad Yahya  Identity Verified
عربي
+ ...
The preview pane generally involves the same risk level as an open message Jan 7, 2006

Here is a link to some relevant information :

http://www.syngress.com/book_catalog/225_CyberCrime/sample.pdf

Here is the relevant passage:

"How to Protect Your E-Mail
To avoid the problems associated with modern e-mail programs, you might want to configure your e-mail client not to display a “preview pane” (which displays mess
... See more
Here is a link to some relevant information :

http://www.syngress.com/book_catalog/225_CyberCrime/sample.pdf

Here is the relevant passage:

"How to Protect Your E-Mail
To avoid the problems associated with modern e-mail programs, you might want to configure your e-mail client not to display a “preview pane” (which displays messages, including HTML messages, without you having to click on them to
open them), . . . "
Collapse

Jackie Bowman
Jackie Bowman

Local time: 12:07
إسباني إلى أنجليزي
+ ...
بادئ الموضوع
Many thanks Jan 8, 2006

Thanks a lot for the advice and useful link ...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Question about MS Outlook 2002

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »