How do I watch threads in Thunderbird?
Inițiatorul discuției: Timothy Barton
Timothy Barton
Timothy Barton
Local time: 17:13
din franceză în engleză
+ ...
Dec 7, 2005

I've recently set my Thunderbird account to use threads. I've added the toolbar buttons related to threads, one of which is "Watched threads with unread". But I haven't figured out how to watch a thread. Does anyone know?

By the way, anyone not using threads, I recommend it. If you do so I making your outgoing mails go into your Inbox, to keep the threads together, and adding a "Recipient" column so you can see where your outgoing e-mails were sent.

Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Membru (2003)
din germană în franceză
Thunderbird and RSS Dec 7, 2005

Hi Timothy,

I'm not sure to understand your question, as I have no butto of that type in Thunderbird 1.0.7.
But as I watch some Rss threads with it, I thought I could try to help you

First, you must create a new account dedicated to RSS threads. Go to Tools, Account settings and choose Add an account (I translate from the FR-Version).
There you will be prompted to choose the type of account. S
... See more
Hi Timothy,

I'm not sure to understand your question, as I have no butto of that type in Thunderbird 1.0.7.
But as I watch some Rss threads with it, I thought I could try to help you

First, you must create a new account dedicated to RSS threads. Go to Tools, Account settings and choose Add an account (I translate from the FR-Version).
There you will be prompted to choose the type of account. Select RSS and follow the instructions.
Once the account created, right-click on its name and select "Manage my subscriptions". In the address field, copy/paste the address of the RSS-threads you wish to subscribe to and click Add.
You will then receive a notification for each new post, like e-mails notifications.

HTH,
Sylvain
Collapse

Timothy Barton
Timothy Barton
din franceză în engleză
+ ...
INIŢIATORUL SUBIECTULUI
I was referring to ordinary e-mails Dec 7, 2005

They can be read as threads (like in Gmail), by clicking on the "speech bubble" column head.

As for the buttons, I forgot to mention that these come with a very useful extension called nntpthreads. One of the buttons is "watched threads with unread", but the option to "watch a thread" is not part of the extension, so it must be part of Thunderbird itself. But I can't find where this option is.

Sylvain Leray
Sylvain Leray  Identity Verified
Membru (2003)
din germană în franceză
Well... Dec 7, 2005

...I did not understand your question
For me, thread refers to rss. You mean conversation then...

Sylvain

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I watch threads in Thunderbird?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »