ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:14
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Mar 22, 2012

Hi everybody,
My problem: I have quite a large number excel files, each with several worksheets but all with the same columns, that I would like to merge into one large file to create a glossary. The files contain only text, no formulas or numbers.
Do I have to do this manually, i.e. by copying all columns needed into one new file or is there a trick to do it automatically?
Thank you very much for your help and regards,
Irene

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 19:14
English to Thai
+ ...
Excel insert function Mar 22, 2012

On Excel worksheet name, right click and insert/copy another worksheet at one instance. If unclear, read Excel help file.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:14
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, but ... Mar 22, 2012

Dear Soonthon,
Thank you very much for your answer. I still have a problem, though: As I'm working with Mac, my mouse does not have a right click function. Any ideas what I could do in this case?
Thank you again and best regards,
Irene

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Excel: How to merge files / worksheets into one file

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »