Thread poster: Paul Dixon
Paul Dixon
Paul Dixon  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 05:35
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Mar 5, 2010

[Please excuse me if this is a repeat post, I tried to post it before but something happened and it did not come out on the listing.]

I am working on a Power Point file with some graphs, bar charts etc. from Excel imported into it. I have been told that, in order to edit the graphs and so forth I need to double-click with the mouse, which would open the file and change the colour of the graphs. After making the changes, I would click again and everything would go back to normal, inc
... See more
[Please excuse me if this is a repeat post, I tried to post it before but something happened and it did not come out on the listing.]

I am working on a Power Point file with some graphs, bar charts etc. from Excel imported into it. I have been told that, in order to edit the graphs and so forth I need to double-click with the mouse, which would open the file and change the colour of the graphs. After making the changes, I would click again and everything would go back to normal, including the colour of the graphs.

This worked fine in some cases, but when I had two line graphs on the same axes, when I did this one of them would just disappear from the graph and, in addition, the closing of the editing would not bring back the original colour of the graph.

What is happening?
Collapse

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:35
German to English
This has happened to me Mar 5, 2010

I've found that some of the graphs in some of my documents were based on different Excel sheets, or different components of the Excel sheets (I could never figure out which), the consequence of which was that the labeling of graphs sometimes didn't appear to accept a translation. This was apparently due to the wrong element of the original Excel document was selected to reconstitute the graph. I had to go hunting around in the linked document to find the correct element.

I realize
... See more
I've found that some of the graphs in some of my documents were based on different Excel sheets, or different components of the Excel sheets (I could never figure out which), the consequence of which was that the labeling of graphs sometimes didn't appear to accept a translation. This was apparently due to the wrong element of the original Excel document was selected to reconstitute the graph. I had to go hunting around in the linked document to find the correct element.

I realize that this isn't a solution, but I hope it points you in the right direction
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Graphs Disappearing - why?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »