Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Off topic: What was the craziest thing you have ever done to submit a n assignment?
Thread poster: Sabine Akabayov, PhD
Kay Denney
Kay Denney  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:43
French to English
Pre-Internet days: Jun 17, 2014

once I cancelled weekend plans (one plan being to go round to see an elderly neighbour to help her with some paperwork) to do a translation for a new client. Then on the Monday I was waiting around for the courier to pick up the floppy disk. He hadn't shown up by lunchtime, and my neighbour's paperwork was getting urgent. So I called the client to let them know I would be over at my neighbour's. I couldn't remember the number when speaking to her on the phone but I faxed a map and the full addre... See more
once I cancelled weekend plans (one plan being to go round to see an elderly neighbour to help her with some paperwork) to do a translation for a new client. Then on the Monday I was waiting around for the courier to pick up the floppy disk. He hadn't shown up by lunchtime, and my neighbour's paperwork was getting urgent. So I called the client to let them know I would be over at my neighbour's. I couldn't remember the number when speaking to her on the phone but I faxed a map and the full address to the courier firm. We sat in her yard out the front so I would see the courier coming. The street was like a tiny village lane, very few cars ever went down there. A motorbike whizzed past, and I leapt up and ran after him, waving, to no avail.

I phoned the client who told me that the courier hadn't found us, he had supposedly spent 45 minutes searching for us (I suspect he had a bite for lunch). She was angry because I hadn't told her the full address (although of course I had faxed it) I ended up having to go into town myself, toddler in tow. When I arrived, they were all having a very late pizza lunch and her boss invited me to join them, they subsequently became a very good client of mine.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What was the craziest thing you have ever done to submit a n assignment?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »