John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 21:52
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Nov 22, 2013

Having recently started using memoQ I am amused and interested by the "Zen" background music. Sometimes I find it annoying and turn it off, then miss it after a while and turn it back on. Sometimes I find it distracting, other times I think it helps concentration. I'm curious to know other's opinions of this rather unusual feature. (To say nothing of the "Do not press this button" button, which I pressed in about 2 seconds!)

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
German to English
Hated it Nov 22, 2013

It's a gimmick I could do without.
I hated the quality of the sound (I frequently listen to music while working, so sound in itself isn't a problem) and it made my computer misbehave (funny cursor movements). I couldn't shut it off, even after rebooting the computer and restarting the program. The only solution was to load an earlier version of MemoQ (5.x), then reboot. I've not tried it again since.
I also don't use the predictive typing feature. Some people love it; for me it's an
... See more
It's a gimmick I could do without.
I hated the quality of the sound (I frequently listen to music while working, so sound in itself isn't a problem) and it made my computer misbehave (funny cursor movements). I couldn't shut it off, even after rebooting the computer and restarting the program. The only solution was to load an earlier version of MemoQ (5.x), then reboot. I've not tried it again since.
I also don't use the predictive typing feature. Some people love it; for me it's another distraction.
Collapse

Alison Sabedoria (X)
Alison Sabedoria (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
Please, John, do tell! Nov 23, 2013

What did that "Alice in Wonderland" button do? Is it just a way for the software to find out what kind of user it's dealing with?

Like you, I would have had difficulty resisting. Now I'm on tenterhooks...

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:52
English to French
+ ...
Try It Nov 23, 2013

Hi,

Does nothing much, except some sort of cuckoo clock noise and displays the message "Don't press this message again". Maybe someone could tell us more about it?

Cheers,

Bernard

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Did you press it? Nov 23, 2013

Bernard Lieber wrote:

Hi,

Does nothing much, except some sort of cuckoo clock noise and displays the message "Don't press this message again". Maybe someone could tell us more about it?

Cheers,

Bernard

However would you know?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

memoQ Zen Music

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »