Thread poster: Tica4
Tica4
Tica4
United States
Local time: 14:41
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 25, 2009

Hi, I'm a new translator here, fresh out of school and now receiving job offers from several different translation websites. What I do not have is a Paypal account or any way to receive payment online.
My question is: must I create my own website and then add payment buttons, or can I just set up a payment account which will process clients' transactions?
I don't know how this process works yet. Thanks to anyone for your input.
Tica4

Yasutomo Kanazawa
Yasutomo Kanazawa  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 03:41
Member (2005)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Just type in "Paypal" into your address bar May 26, 2009

Welcome aboard to this industry, Tica4.

You don't have to create a website of your own to create an online account. Just type in Paypal or Moneybookers in your address bar, whichever you prefer, and you will find the website for the two online accounts. All you have to do is read the instructions and set up an account.

Good luck.

Yasutomo

Tica4
Tica4
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
one more Paypal question.. May 26, 2009

Okay I have an account set up with Paypal. When I send a quote to a client and they accept, then how do they go about sending payment to my email address? Is there some kind of information they send me, like their credit card number? I can't find this part anywhere on the website.
Thanks
Tica4

Alaa Zeineldine
Alaa Zeineldine  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 21:41
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Provide your PayPal id May 26, 2009

When you invoice your client, provide the email that you used as your PayPal ID (don't give them your password). You then ask the client to make their payment by visiting PayPal.com and clicking on "send money".

Tica4
Tica4
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks May 27, 2009

Thanks to all for the help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to set up a payment account

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »