Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:11
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Jan 6, 2018

Hello everyone

In Wordbee, if the client enables it, you can download glossaries, TMs and the source text in XLIFF format, and you can also upload the translated file as well.

But if the client didn't enable it (can't or won't), a second option for using Wordbee with your usual CAT tool is to copy the segments one by one, save it in a file, translate that file, and then paste the translations back into Wordbee, one segment at a time. And this copying and pasting can be
... See more
Hello everyone

In Wordbee, if the client enables it, you can download glossaries, TMs and the source text in XLIFF format, and you can also upload the translated file as well.

But if the client didn't enable it (can't or won't), a second option for using Wordbee with your usual CAT tool is to copy the segments one by one, save it in a file, translate that file, and then paste the translations back into Wordbee, one segment at a time. And this copying and pasting can be scripted, of course, to speed things up.

I recently had to do this, and so I wrote a few scripts that helped me. Wordbee's tags can't be copy/pasted using ordinary copy/pasting, but I was able to circumvent that problem by using Windows' HTML clipboard. So, in case anyone needs it, here are the AutoIt scripts:

http://www.leuce.com/autoit/wordbee_scripts.zip

Essentially, you use an extractor script to copy all segments into a three-column text file, then translate the third column in your CAT tool, and then use a paster script to paste the translations back. The paster script reads the three-column file into memory, then grabs a segment's source text, searches for it in the three-column file, and when it finds the translation, pastes it into Wordbee. It's time consuming, compared to just translating an XLIFF file, but sometimes the XLIFF option is not available.

YMMV
Samuel

[Edited at 2018-01-06 19:01 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating in Wordbee via AutoIt copy/paste scripts

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »