Thread poster: Nathalie Suteau (X)
Nathalie Suteau (X)
Nathalie Suteau (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:45
English to French
Dec 24, 2017

Hello,

I cannot manage to install Idiom on Windows 10 as Framework 1.1 cannot be installed anymore on Windows 10.

I found a workaround a year ago but cannot find it anymore.

Could someone help me finding the proper solution to install Idiom on Windows 10?

I have 2 main clients still using it.

Thanks a lot!

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Change compatibility settings Dec 24, 2017

Hello Nathalie,

I have been able to install Idiom on a Windows 8.1 machine by following the advice described in the last post of this discussion: https://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/208846-where_can_i_download_idiom_worldserver_translators_workbench_90149-page2.html
<
... See more
Hello Nathalie,

I have been able to install Idiom on a Windows 8.1 machine by following the advice described in the last post of this discussion: https://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/208846-where_can_i_download_idiom_worldserver_translators_workbench_90149-page2.html

This is the relevant part: I encountered troublesome .NET 1.1 installation, too. Nevertheless, I did install it successfully upon setting its compatibility to Windows XP Service Pack 2.

Right-click the program, select Properties, and then the Compatibility tab. - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15078/windows-make-older-programs-compatible

I hope it works for you on Windows 10 as well.

Jean
Collapse

Nathalie Suteau (X)
Nathalie Suteau (X)
United Kingdom
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Doesn't seem to work Dec 25, 2017

Hello Jean,

Thanks a lot for your answer but Net 1.1 is not supported by Win 10 anymore so I'm not sure it will work.

Merry Christmas

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Give it a try Dec 25, 2017

NET 1.1 system requirements mention up to Windows Vista.

Microsoft's article for running older applications includes Windows 10, so there is a good chance this solution will work just as it did for Windows 8.1.

I guess you will have to try, it shouldn't take long.

Best wishes

Nathalie Suteau (X)
Nathalie Suteau (X)
United Kingdom
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
I will Dec 25, 2017

Thanks a lot Jean!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Installation of Idiom on Windows 10

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »