Thread poster: Leonardo Fus (X)
Leonardo Fus (X)
Leonardo Fus (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:37
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 2, 2007

Dear Community,

I am writing to invite you to our Wordfast Training Session in Croatia on11th May.

As places are limited, place book your place as soon as possible.

http://www.proz.com/?sp=training_session&training_id=102

For payme
... See more
Dear Community,

I am writing to invite you to our Wordfast Training Session in Croatia on11th May.

As places are limited, place book your place as soon as possible.

http://www.proz.com/?sp=training_session&training_id=102

For payment details, please contact Trainer at [email protected]

You will also find more information about ProZ.com Trainings here.

http://www.proz.com/faq/training_sessions

If you need more information, please write Training Coordinator at leonardo at proz.com

Best Regards,

Leonardo Fusero
ProZ.com
Collapse

Jairo Dorado Cadilla
Jairo Dorado Cadilla  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:37
Croatian to Spanish
+ ...
Strange May 4, 2007

I have two questions:

1- If a person is coming from a country different to Croatia, is he or she forced to pay the VAT (PDV)? And I really mean this...

2- Is it possible to know under which economical conditions the seminar takes place? And I would like this information to be public, since a Proz member is entaitled to a discount of 130 Kn.

Thank you in advance!

[Edited at 2007-05-04 00:34]

Leonardo Fus (X)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Questions May 4, 2007

Hi Jairo,

Thanks for writing.

I don´t know what you mean with “ under which economical conditions the seminar takes place “...so please clarify and I will explain you with every detail.

For your VAT question, you don't have to pay it.

Regards,

Leonardo Fusero
ProZ.com

Jairo Dorado Cadilla
Germany
Croatian to Spanish
+ ...
conditions May 4, 2007

Hi Leonardo,

I would like to know whom are we paying if we assist to the Semminar. I have always been against discounts: if something -i.e. a translation- has a price, that price has to be respected...

Now, who is in charge and who obtains the profit here? And who sets the price?

I ask so because it is not the first time that a technical semminar has a given price according to the country standards. If it is so, and if we could know under which conditions t
... See more
Hi Leonardo,

I would like to know whom are we paying if we assist to the Semminar. I have always been against discounts: if something -i.e. a translation- has a price, that price has to be respected...

Now, who is in charge and who obtains the profit here? And who sets the price?

I ask so because it is not the first time that a technical semminar has a given price according to the country standards. If it is so, and if we could know under which conditions the semminar takes place, we could nicely organize it in Serbia too.

It is nothing personal, far from it; but if the price and the conditions depend on the Croatian economic standards, the same event could be organized here; and it could be cheappear.

I guess this is the proper place to ask this question. I guess someone has to know all this, since we Proz members are entitled to an atractive discount.

Un saludo desde Serbia,

Jairo

P.S. in the last Pow we all were quite keen on having some of these semminars organized in Serbia too. A trip from Belgrade to Zagreb takes by car around 4 and a half hours, plus around 10 Euro motorway bill. Stay overnight can be around 60 Euros the cheapest...

[Edited at 2007-05-04 21:15]

[Edited at 2007-05-04 21:17]
Collapse

Leonardo Fus (X)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Questions May 7, 2007

Hi Jairo,

Let´s see..

If your questions are about our Croatian Training, Ljerka and I are in charge. Who obtains profits here, how much that profit is and who sets the price are confidential information, thanks for respecting it.

We don´t do trainings according to country standards, we do trainings trying to help our community everywhere, leaving the profit part as a secondary issue.

If you want to help us, we would be delighted in organizing
... See more
Hi Jairo,

Let´s see..

If your questions are about our Croatian Training, Ljerka and I are in charge. Who obtains profits here, how much that profit is and who sets the price are confidential information, thanks for respecting it.

We don´t do trainings according to country standards, we do trainings trying to help our community everywhere, leaving the profit part as a secondary issue.

If you want to help us, we would be delighted in organizing a training in Serbia.

Actually, if you read my post carefully, we were inviting our community to organize trainings there with our help.

If you feel that you can do it, please contact me via email.

Regards,

Leonardo Fusero
ProZ.com
Collapse

Jairo Dorado Cadilla
Germany
Croatian to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you May 7, 2007

Thank you Leonardo, cristal clear.

Jairo

[Edited at 2007-05-07 20:34]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Wordfast Training Session in Croatia

Translation news in Serbia

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »