Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9]
Research project on Agricultural reforms in EU translation scam - Marie Stephens
Thread poster: Lauriane Duran-Pauleau
Peter Dahm Robertson
Peter Dahm Robertson  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:50
Member (2022)
German to English
+ ...
New Scammer Name: Amanda Hasselman May 19, 2023

The same scammer (I assume) is on the prowl again, this time under the guise of one Amanda Hasselman. Another gmail account (amandahasselman34), same inquiry, same project docx file, same agricultural text.

Yep, I have an Amanda Hasselman in my inbox too—extremely hesitant to give me details about what the final translation will be used for. (This is another red flag: Why is a private person without university or institutional affiliation looking to have a large report translated, but unwilling to say what the translation is for?)

Thank you Yannick for posting!

bsommers

bsommers
bsommers
United States
Spanish to English
Same scam new name Jun 22, 2023

I just received an email recently from Amanda Hasselman as well ([email protected]). Based on the last two posts in this thread, sounds like it's a scam (which I thought right from the beginning anyways.) This was an agricultural text as well. It's unfortunate how people try to scam us freelancers.

Have a good rest of the week everyone,
Bri

Aviva Shimshon
Aviva Shimshon
United States
Local time: 16:50
French to English
+ ...
Scammer reached out to me Jun 30, 2023

I also received an email from “Amanda Hasselman”, [email protected].

The same tactics and verbiage were used as previously discussed in this thread. They’re still at it!!!

They’re also incredibly persistent and continue emailing, as I see in my spam folder.

It’s disheartening to realize you’re dealing with a scammer especially when you’ve been working hard at finding t
... See more
I also received an email from “Amanda Hasselman”, [email protected].

The same tactics and verbiage were used as previously discussed in this thread. They’re still at it!!!

They’re also incredibly persistent and continue emailing, as I see in my spam folder.

It’s disheartening to realize you’re dealing with a scammer especially when you’ve been working hard at finding translation work, earning a living, etc.
Collapse

Michelle Zanni

Michelle Zanni
Michelle Zanni
France
Member (2023)
French to English
They're still at it Jul 25, 2023

Hello all,

I am so glad I did the research before sending any details... This scammer is still at it and just contacted me under the name Marina O'Toole. They accepted my quote and offered to pay 50% upfront and 50% afterwards.

Same text on Agricultural Reforms. Same email format. They didn't offer any details when I asked for more information.

Please be aware! I will be reporting this. I am bummed that I won't be getting the money I thought I'd be gettin
... See more
Hello all,

I am so glad I did the research before sending any details... This scammer is still at it and just contacted me under the name Marina O'Toole. They accepted my quote and offered to pay 50% upfront and 50% afterwards.

Same text on Agricultural Reforms. Same email format. They didn't offer any details when I asked for more information.

Please be aware! I will be reporting this. I am bummed that I won't be getting the money I thought I'd be getting.

Stay safe everyone.
Collapse

Stefanie Thiessen
Stefanie Thiessen
France
English to German
+ ...
Same scam Jul 25, 2023

They reached out to me a few days ago. Same document, same wording.
They are using the name Marina O'Toole again (see January this year).

According to my research, Marina O'Toole is a translator here on proz, as well as Yohan Cernik, the author of the document.
So, be careful, they are using the names of actual translators here on this platform!!!

Agnieszka Q

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Research project on Agricultural reforms in EU translation scam - Marie Stephens

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »