Advice on getting started please
Thread poster: raquel1 (X)
raquel1 (X)
raquel1 (X)
English to Spanish
Jan 4, 2004

Hello and happy new year!

I am writing here to ask for some advice! I took a short course in Localization and I am very intestered in working in this field. The problem is that every agency wants translators with experience. I have extensive experience in Translation but not in Localization and really...I do not know how to get started. Any advice? Please, I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance!

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 11:34
English to German
+ ...
localization Jan 5, 2004

raquel1 wrote:

Hello and happy new year!

I am writing here to ask for some advice! I took a short course in Localization and I am very intestered in working in this field. The problem is that every agency wants translators with experience. I have extensive experience in Translation but not in Localization and really...I do not know how to get started. Any advice? Please, I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance!
Hi! what do you or your Agency wish to localize? The involved procedure depends totally on the object to be localized.
Brandis

Marc P (X)
Marc P (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:34
German to English
+ ...
Perfect solution Jan 5, 2004

Volunteer to localize some open-source projects. It's for a good cause as well as being good and highly visible publicity that you can point to when approaching commercial customers.

There are hundreds of possible applications to choose from. If you're interested in localizing OmegaT into Spanish, contact me privately.

Marc

www.omegat.org/omegat/omegat.html

raquel1 (X)
raquel1 (X)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jan 6, 2004

This is a great idea! And yes I am interested

I will contact you...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advice on getting started please

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »