Translating files from Passolo projects without Passolo
Thread poster: frakie
frakie
frakie
Local time: 09:13
English to Italian
Mar 3, 2009

Hello all,

do you happen to know if Passolo can extract all strings to be translated and save them in a text file which can be translated using other tools (Wordfast, Omegat, or even just MS Word)?

I know there's an option in Passolo Team Edition but I'm not sure how this works. I also know there's a free version of Passolo for translators but I'd rather not use it.

I'm looking for a way to use Passolo to extract all translatable text in localizable files a
... See more
Hello all,

do you happen to know if Passolo can extract all strings to be translated and save them in a text file which can be translated using other tools (Wordfast, Omegat, or even just MS Word)?

I know there's an option in Passolo Team Edition but I'm not sure how this works. I also know there's a free version of Passolo for translators but I'd rather not use it.

I'm looking for a way to use Passolo to extract all translatable text in localizable files and then do the translation in another tool. As a final step, I'd need to import back the translated text into Passolo and maybe do some final cosmetic editing there.

Any help on this?

Thanks.
Collapse

Stéphan Goldsmith
Stéphan Goldsmith
Local time: 03:13
English to French
+ ...
Export function Mar 3, 2009

PASSOLO Team and Professional Edition let you export the content of a PASSOLO project into various format : text files, .CSV. and even TTX to be edited with Trados TagEditor.

Each export option comes with its own group of setting to define what you want to export and how

frakie
frakie
Local time: 09:13
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Mar 3, 2009

Stéphan Goldsmith wrote:

PASSOLO Team and Professional Edition let you export the content of a PASSOLO project into various format : text files, .CSV. and even TTX to be edited with Trados TagEditor.

Each export option comes with its own group of setting to define what you want to export and how

Thank you Stéphan.

Are there any issues involved in reimporting the translated text to a Passolo project?

Stéphan Goldsmith
Stéphan Goldsmith
Local time: 03:13
English to French
+ ...
No specific issues Mar 3, 2009

The only issues I can think of would be issued caused by the fact that the translator did not respect the format of the file during the translation.

The safest way would be the creation of translation bundled edited by the free version of PASSOLO.

By the way, if you export the PASSOLO project to a Trados compatible file format, PASSOLO will create automatically a Tag settings file that will have to be sent along the file to translate so the translator can open the file
... See more
The only issues I can think of would be issued caused by the fact that the translator did not respect the format of the file during the translation.

The safest way would be the creation of translation bundled edited by the free version of PASSOLO.

By the way, if you export the PASSOLO project to a Trados compatible file format, PASSOLO will create automatically a Tag settings file that will have to be sent along the file to translate so the translator can open the file in TagEditor.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating files from Passolo projects without Passolo

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »