Thread poster: Lola Rodriguez
Lola Rodriguez
Lola Rodriguez
Local time: 12:47
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 2, 2006

Dear fellow freelances in China, I need your advice:

I am Spanish and I have my legal residence in Spain, where I am registered as a freelance. However a month ago I came to China for a Chinese course and it happens that I've fallen in love with this country and I would like so much to stay.

The question is how to legally establish my freelance activity in this country.

I would really appreciate any tips on this topic!!

Thanks!

Lo
... See more
Dear fellow freelances in China, I need your advice:

I am Spanish and I have my legal residence in Spain, where I am registered as a freelance. However a month ago I came to China for a Chinese course and it happens that I've fallen in love with this country and I would like so much to stay.

The question is how to legally establish my freelance activity in this country.

I would really appreciate any tips on this topic!!

Thanks!

Lola Rodriguez
Collapse

Angela Arnone
Angela Arnone  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:47
Member (2004)
Italian to English
+ ...
Try posting on the Chinese forum too May 2, 2006

Hi Lola,
Sounds like a pretty big step there! Good luck.
Try posting on the Chinese forums too.
Angela

Ming Fu, Qi
Ming Fu, Qi  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 18:47
English to Chinese
+ ...
Sell yourself to large translation Componies May 3, 2006

Freelancing translation is a new job market emerging in China in recent years. If you try to do that job there, you should keep alert on some untrusty companies, especially the small ones. When you begin to do business, you should contract with them in written or oral form. For example, the price, the date to pay, the formula to count words, if lucky, then you can exert your efforts and reap sweet fruits in your dreamed land.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I become a freelance in China??

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »