Off topic: Translations regarding companies
投稿者: Pablo.Cres
Pablo.Cres
Pablo.Cres
Local time: 04:58
スペイン語 から 英語
+ ...
Apr 28, 2006

I'm currently studying translation and I would like to know what the most common type of document to translate is when it comes to companies. We're studying that part now and would like to know what king of translations have the highest demand.
If possible, languages should be Spanish and English, but any comments will be appreciated. Thanks!

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
米国
Local time: 03:58
ドイツ語 から 英語
Depends upon the company May 1, 2006

I don't entirely understand your question, but let's see if I can respond to what I think your question is.

If your question is about format (Excel, Word, etc.), there is no way to predict the format to be used. A company, no matter what the nature of its business, will generate documents in a wide variety of formats, although for manuals, xml is becoming a standard for large corporations for manual creation.

If, however, your question is about the nature of the docum
... See more
I don't entirely understand your question, but let's see if I can respond to what I think your question is.

If your question is about format (Excel, Word, etc.), there is no way to predict the format to be used. A company, no matter what the nature of its business, will generate documents in a wide variety of formats, although for manuals, xml is becoming a standard for large corporations for manual creation.

If, however, your question is about the nature of the documents issued by a company, this will depend upon the type of business. Almost every company will have some sort of financial document: budgets, forecasts (sales / purchasing / production), etc. Financial services companies (banks / brokerages / insurance companies, etc.) will generate primarily financial documents and relatively few instruction manuals. Medical products companies, for example, will generate standard operating procedures (for product handling, logistics, testing, etc.), product manuals, sales brochures. Almost all manufacturing companies will either issue an RFQ (request for quotation, also called request for bid / tender / offer) or respond to such a document. That is, they will issue product/manufacturing specifications and request vendors to supply such products/services. The response will indicate the manufacturing processes involved, the bidder's processes to achieve the goals of the customers, etc.

This is not a comprehensive answer, but should point you in the some direction for your own research.
Collapse

Pablo.Cres
Pablo.Cres
Local time: 04:58
スペイン語 から 英語
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks May 17, 2006

Thank you very much for your answer.
Yes, my question is about the nature of the documents (articles of incorporation, budgets, balance sheets...). I'm sure each company will have its own type of documents, but is there any document that applies to all of them and, especially, that all of them need to have translated?
Thanks again

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translations regarding companies

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »