Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:39
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
May 10, 2021

Hello

I have a project in XTM 12.7.0 with four files. I chose to generate a TIPP file, translated the associated XLIFF file, updated the manifest file, and uploaded the return-TIPP file. XTM accepts the TIPP file and even gives the message "[Username] Linguist 10-05-2021 12:24 Successful Imported TIPP", but the TIPP file and all four files remain locked (and in italic font). When I go to the editor, the segments are all still untranslated. I tried doing other things like generat
... See more
Hello

I have a project in XTM 12.7.0 with four files. I chose to generate a TIPP file, translated the associated XLIFF file, updated the manifest file, and uploaded the return-TIPP file. XTM accepts the TIPP file and even gives the message "[Username] Linguist 10-05-2021 12:24 Successful Imported TIPP", but the TIPP file and all four files remain locked (and in italic font). When I go to the editor, the segments are all still untranslated. I tried doing other things like generating the target files or unlocking the individual files etc., but nothing works. Even though the TIPP file was accepted, the translation isn't loaded into the files.

I double-checked the XLIFF file in an XLIFF viewer and the segments are definitely translated... perhaps they also need to have a specific status before XTM will accept their translations as translations?

Anything else I can do? Fortunately it's only 4 files (and not 40 files or 400 files), so I can just re-do the project with four separate files, but why doesn't the TIPP import work?

Samuel

Added:
Solved it -- in the XLIFF file, the target statuses must be changed from "new" to "translated".

[Edited at 2021-05-10 09:41 GMT]
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

XTM accepts TIPP file but doesn't update translations

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »